Notices

Thread: Breakdown recovery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Breakdown recovery 
    I used NCI for a couple of years who were very competative on price and pretty good to deal with. Thankfully I never actually used them in anger but I guess they'd contract out to local recovery services like many of them do. The policy I had covered me, so if I were using the car or the bike I could use them if necessary.
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

2. Re: Breakdown recovery 
    Diamond Member
    I am with the RAC and have had no problems with tham at all, they have sent a flat bed to me when the R/R went on the bike and got me home with no issues, and they also make shifted the gearbox on the car to get me home as well, so all in all they have been the bees knees.

They are expensive to cover your bike when you go abroad through.

I used to be with Green Flag and they were good but they didnt cover bikes back then, was about 6 years or so ago now through.

3. Re: Breakdown recovery 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    [quote author=Icey link=1154294571/0#8 date=1154694172][quote author=Rod link=1154294571/0#5 date=1154542039]I have RAC, I assume it covers bikes as well as cars, as they say it's the member not the motor.

I was just thinking about this, we have breakdown for the car, but I've no idea wether it goes across to the bike. :-/

/me *edit*

We are with AA for the car - and they're superb, always helpful and usually very quick. Even when Chris has locked his keys in the car :[/quote]

T&C's :[/quote]
    I checked, the RAC covers the member (careful) not the vechical, so it's ok for bikes and cars, I have used the AA, not impressed but the RAC were most excellent, 1 callout with the AA not good, 2 with the RAC, very good, they even help if you are a passenger in a car

4. Re: Breakdown recovery 
    Diamond Member
    Thanks for all the input, hints & tips guys - seemed the RAC had most positive responses, so have joined them.