Notices

Thread: GRIT ON ROAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: GRIT ON ROAD 
    gixerjonny
    Quote Originally Posted by BB
    [quote author=GixerBoy link=1170604059/0#4 date=1170612829][quote author=gixerjonny link=1170604059/0#2 date=1170610700]Around my way have not seen the gritters yet :-?
    And you're not gonna ya redneck!! ;D [/quote]

Do they not grit in Gloucester or are they just economising in the wilds then?

BB
    [/quote]

A you lot life is slower in the sticks don't knock it > >

;D ;D ;D

2. Re: GRIT ON ROAD 
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerjonny
    [quote author=BB link=1170604059/0#6 date=1170614415][quote author=GixerBoy link=1170604059/0#4 date=1170612829][quote author=gixerjonny link=1170604059/0#2 date=1170610700]Around my way have not seen the gritters yet :-?

BB
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]

I thought you thought you were one of the fast boys??? ;D ;D ;D
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: GRIT ON ROAD 
    gixerjonny
    [quote author=gixerjonny link=1170604059/0#10 date=1170620767][quote author=BB link=1170604059/0#6 date=1170614415][quote author=GixerBoy link=1170604059/0#4 date=1170612829][quote author=gixerjonny link=1170604059/0#2 date=1170610700]Around my way have not seen the gritters yet :-?

BB
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]

I thought you thought you were one of the fast boys??? ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

you thought wrong :P :P

I know

4. Re: GRIT ON ROAD 
    and modest with it! :P :-*

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: GRIT ON ROAD 
    gixerjonny
    and modest with it! :P :-*

BB
    You no me bb :-[

6. Re: GRIT ON ROAD 
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerjonny
    [quote author=BB link=1170604059/0#13 date=1170622612]and modest with it! :P :-*

BB
    You no me bb :-[ [/quote]

mmm, we have met! :P :-*

7. Re: GRIT ON ROAD 
    Can we just clean this thread up a bit...

The intention of my post was to make the less experianced riders aware that grit on the roads poses a grip issue.
    Now im gonna say this once more.....
    Cars push the grit to the centre of a lane...so for optimum grip stay either to the right or left of centre...AND HOLD THAT POSITION evan rounds bends....

What im saying is....under normal conditions for lets say a right hand bend...
    You would position bike apporx 1 ft from the verge on approach to the bend, on turn in you would cross the lane and hold a right hand position until you begin to exit where you would again aim to be fully upright again approx 1ft from the verge....

CROSSING the lane with grit in the centre is not good....so stay either tight or left....ie hold one position through the whole corner....

8. Re: GRIT ON ROAD 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    Can we just clean this thread up a bit...

The intention of my post was to make the less experianced riders aware that grit on the roads poses a grip issue.
    Now im gonna say this once more.....
    Cars push the grit to the centre of a lane...so for optimum grip stay either to the right or left of centre...AND HOLD THAT POSITION evan rounds bends....

What im saying is....under normal conditions for lets say a right hand bend...
    You would position bike apporx 1 ft from the verge on approach to the bend, on turn in you would cross the lane and hold a right hand position until you begin to exit where you would again aim to be fully upright again approx 1ft from the verge....

CROSSING the lane with grit in the centre is not good....so stay either tight or left....ie hold one position through the whole corner....

I'm sorry Gav but that statement is completely wrong......You are talking about taking the 'racing line' which is sooo not applicable on the road......