Notices

Thread: Tyre wear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Tyre wear 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    [quote author=Grampy link=1173294877/0#7 date=1173460160]Possibly been on a track are the tyres scrubbed to the edges ?

perhaps.........especially if the rider is better at left handers than right handers

or.........if the track is predominantly left handers, but i can't think of any off the top of my head

chances are it's just normal wear though[/quote]

No, the tyres are pretty new, and it doesn't look like track day stuff. I think he must have just ridden around with his arse hanging off one side of it it the whole time!

Oh well, I think I've scratched my head over it long enough. I'll go and have another look tomorrow and either take a risk or wait to see if the SV650 Rob Willsher think they've got coming in materialises.

Ooh, decisions decisions....

;D

2. Re: Tyre wear 
    Check it for crash damage - it's unlikely anything particularly bad could have gone awry in 1600 miles without it going down the road! Check all parts that could touch down in the event of a crash (bar ends, levers etc) and also feel the lock stops at the base of the head tube to see if they're dinged at all. Theyre basically just blocks of metal that stop the bars on full lock - if the bike had hit the deck hard they would be marked/damaged in some way.

Is the wear real wear or just chicken strips? Maybe take some photos. Ask the lads in the shop to explain why they're worn unevenly - they'll have a reason, even if it's nothing to worry about they'll be able to tell if anything is awry. Feel free to give me a call if you need any advice while you're there - if i'm with the client i'll just reject you but feel free to try.

What's wrong with the GS that's stopping you coming on Sunday? I doubt ill be back from Egham in time to go to Downton with you but I may have time to do some work on your bike if it's nothing serious.

Dave

3. Re: Tyre wear 
    have seen that bike if u need any help pm me