Notices

Thread: Front End Grip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Front End Grip 
    what do you mean by "getting the most from it"?? do you mean track days and stuff?? if so, i dont think im anywhere near that standard of riding yet!!! :P

im taking it on holiday this year - im riding down to monaco for the grand prix with a few friends. spending that much time on the bike in a short space of time should help with the confidence thing

2. Re: Front End Grip 
    Quote Originally Posted by furry-TLR
    I might be a bit closer....Swindon LOL

Was riding SV650 that lead to me getting a TLR....handled like a pile of s***e and ran wide bigtime till I fitted Ohlins on the rear...brill bike since wouldn't change it for the world (well maybe a duke/Y2K lol)

Anyway SV650 is a cracking bike, though again the front end and rear shock could do with some investment if you are looking to get the most from it...Sounds like it's all good now though
    Yup, mine did the same but I took a slightly different approach - I took it back after only 3 months and rode away on an R1 instead To be fair, the TLR isn't a bad road bike, it's just if you want to go exceedingly fast on road, or do trackdays, then it just isn't up to the job in standard trim - sounds like you've sorted yours though

3. Re: Front End Grip 
    Aye problem was suzuki went all out on the TLR to try and beat Ducati in AMA/WSB...problem was they couldn't make that affordable to jo blogs on the street and hence took all the trick bits off leaving a great frame/engine/forks but going cheep on everything else, most of all though that stupid rotary rear shock remained.

So to sort it, fit Ohlins conversion on the rear (not cheep £600) and suddenly instead of swatting round corners it holds it's own and rides like a gsxr...planted and very cofident...then junk the stock steering damper for a aftermarket one along with nice rubber and it's all go, from there on in you can spend more returning the bike back to Yoshi AMA WSB spec and then you got a real monster on your hands.

These days though, for what it would cost to buy a TLR and trick it back up, you can get an Aprillia RSV...only reason I got the TLR is I couldn't afford an Aprillia outright so brought that and spent the money over time to sort it out, now rides like a dream and I wouldn't change it for the world...42'000 miles on the clock in just under 3 years of ownership and I still love riding it.

I'm a bit of a mod monkey though I hate stock bikes, my latest and maddest work is an SV650 frame with a suzuki overbored 710cc single cylinder lump in it, the bike is so light I can pick it straight up off the ground...and it's gonna wheelie like mad when it's done lol

Couldn't ever see myself going back to an inline-4 bike though...just love the sound/grip/badboy image of a twin it really does tick all the right boxes :