Notices

Thread: Front End Grip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Front End Grip 
    Saying that just had a look on there it reckons 36psi front and rear for the SV650, so there you go (I'd still go a bit more in the rear around 38psi)

2. Re: Front End Grip 
    just got back from nipping out to tescos to put some extra psi in the tyres - ive now got 36 in the front and 40 in the rear and the difference is amazing. it does feel like it wants to go around corners now rather than just going in a straight line!!! im so much happier with the handling now

i wonder why the handbook and haynes manual both say 33/36 psi for the bike :S

thanks for the advice on here guys

matt

3. Re: Front End Grip 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bring back the fun
    just got back from nipping out to tescos to put some extra psi in the tyres - ive now got 36 in the front and 40 in the rear and the difference is amazing. it does feel like it wants to go around corners now rather than just going in a straight line!!! im so much happier with the handling now

i wonder why the handbook and haynes manual both say 33/36 psi for the bike :S

thanks for the advice on here guys

matt
    Don't know about your bike but mine was made before the tyres fitted were ever designed. The tyre manufacturer can test on the older bike but the opposite cannot work. BMW quote 32/36 whereas I'm running Metzeler recommendation of 36/42. Huge difference and is really noticeable on the road.

4. Re: Front End Grip 
    I donno how much you weigh but I'd say if your under 15 stone try a bit less in the rear (like 38) might get a bit more grip as 40/42 is only for big bikes and/or fat ******'s like me LOL

36 in the front though for sure!

Haynes...pfffft wot aload of b****x get yourself the genuine sv650 suzuki manual from the sv650 forum tells you all you need to know

5. Re: Front End Grip 
    im a skinny runt - 6'3" and 10 1/2 stone!!! I'll take your advice and drop the pressure a little in the back

graeme - my bike is still on its first set of tyres so i hope it wasnt made before the tyres were designed :-P

matt

6. Re: Front End Grip 
    Diamond Member
    Just me riding a dinosaur then lol. I'm 6'3" too but not quite so skinny at 14 1/2 stone! lol.

7. Re: Front End Grip 
    Aye they don't make em like they used to LOL

New duke 1098 on the other hand though I wouldn't say no to!

8. Re: Front End Grip 
    Get someone who has more skill to ride it and see what they think - its probably just your confidence. If you're in the Salisbury area i'm happy to take it round a few bends to see how it feels if it helps you.

9. Re: Front End Grip 
    thanks dave - dont really go to sailsbury much (went to pick up a janspeed exhaust once for my last car!!). I'll assess what its like in the coming weeks with the slightly higher tyre pressures and take it from there

matt

10. Re: Front End Grip 
    I might be a bit closer....Swindon LOL

Was riding SV650 that lead to me getting a TLR....handled like a pile of s***e and ran wide bigtime till I fitted Ohlins on the rear...brill bike since wouldn't change it for the world (well maybe a duke/Y2K lol)

Anyway SV650 is a cracking bike, though again the front end and rear shock could do with some investment if you are looking to get the most from it...Sounds like it's all good now though