Aye problem was suzuki went all out on the TLR to try and beat Ducati in AMA/WSB...problem was they couldn't make that affordable to jo blogs on the street and hence took all the trick bits off leaving a great frame/engine/forks but going cheep on everything else, most of all though that stupid rotary rear shock remained.

So to sort it, fit Ohlins conversion on the rear (not cheep £600) and suddenly instead of swatting round corners it holds it's own and rides like a gsxr...planted and very cofident...then junk the stock steering damper for a aftermarket one along with nice rubber and it's all go, from there on in you can spend more returning the bike back to Yoshi AMA WSB spec and then you got a real monster on your hands.

These days though, for what it would cost to buy a TLR and trick it back up, you can get an Aprillia RSV...only reason I got the TLR is I couldn't afford an Aprillia outright so brought that and spent the money over time to sort it out, now rides like a dream and I wouldn't change it for the world...42'000 miles on the clock in just under 3 years of ownership and I still love riding it.

I'm a bit of a mod monkey though I hate stock bikes, my latest and maddest work is an SV650 frame with a suzuki overbored 710cc single cylinder lump in it, the bike is so light I can pick it straight up off the ground...and it's gonna wheelie like mad when it's done lol

Couldn't ever see myself going back to an inline-4 bike though...just love the sound/grip/badboy image of a twin it really does tick all the right boxes :