It could just be your confidence... I used to have loads of confidence in my front end until I dropped the bike twice at Silverstone last year and on both occassions I lost the front end. Now people said that it was the tyre as it was shot (plus the day was extremely hot), but to me I don't know if it is. I've started to doubt if it is my skill level, etc... Now when I ride I keep getting myself in to situations (for example, slow speed stuff around roundabouts, etc..) where I think the front is going to let go. Subsequently, I lock up which makes the situation worse.

It's all a mental thing as I'm following others on near enough exactly the same bike and we're not leant over at all really, but in my mind I'm convinced the front end will go. On the quicker stuff I'm fine which is the bizarre thing! Anyway, with more mileage under my belt this fear is slowly going and my confidence is getting back to where it was.

See if you can swap bikes with your mate for a short ride and see what he says about your bike.