Notices

Thread: Trickle Charge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Trickle Charge 
    Diamond Member
    Tell me about it, why would anybody put the rads on the side of the bike where air is limited, also it heats up legs no end in the summer, during the winter I love it but in the summer it is way too hot.
    I did put a post on here a while ago about the heat issue and I had a lot of help but I never did anything as it went into bike treads for a service and this is when they had a look for me.
    I might get off of my butt and have a loo now, while I look at the Batt issue.
    Is anybody close to Swindon, Shaw willing to give me a hand??

2. Re: Trickle Charge 
    Well Mr H throughout his lifetime has tried re-inveting the wheel...sadly it always came out square LOL

Reminds me of Blair/Brown...someone should tell them that throwing money at it won't fix it either ;D

You might guess I ain't massive fans of them or Mr H

I've always been a soooki person myself...but last couple of years all the jap manfs build quality/finish has gone down the tube so if I brought new now it wouldn't be jap for sure!

Anyway good luck let us know what you find...also I wonder if those rads on yours have fans behind them....could wire them up to a switch so you can turn them on all the time alot of peeps that own TLR's have done that as the rads don't come on till the bike reaches 115 Degrees C...it actually states it in the manual...silly japs! LOL

3. Re: Trickle Charge 
    Diamond Member
    I will be honest ( ) I dont know about the trickle charge problem, but in reference to the over-heating one is the thermostat nackered? Could you get one thats set abit lower temperature wise?

Just a thought!

4. Re: Trickle Charge 
    No idea on the VFR...maybe...and it's a valid point always worth giving things like that a check!...but on my TLR it's just how it is and I don't know of any others that fit for the fans...the ECU has a seperate temp sesnor that changes the fuel when it goes over 93 degrees...ie makes it run richer to cool it off I think?

5. Re: Trickle Charge 
    Diamond Member
    My VFR waits until it gets to 104 and then the fans kick in from behind the rads.
    But at this point if I am stuck in traffic the water is still heating up and the fans dont really help.

6. Re: Trickle Charge 
    Not good Other problems with Twins is as they produce lots of power from low rpm you don't need to be in the high revs much unless your going for it, the downside to this is the water pump impeller is also going around slow unlike an inline4...FactoryPro told me to blip the throttle above 3k when stuck in traffic to help, it just about stops the temp going any higher but I get funny looks from others LOL

I am considering fitting an electric water pump for when I do more tuning work on the engine as more bhp = more heat sadly