Notices

Thread: Is it ok to mix tyres front and back?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Is it ok to mix tyres front and back? 
    I would not touch BT014s again. 1.5K miles and the rear was toast, usuable for longer but any fun was long gone. I really don't think I could really rate em for feedback either. Just my opinion on my bike. Diablos on the other hand have doubled that milage on my bike. I'll be trying the Corsa III variant when it's next change. Some peeps love the 014, I am not one of them.

2. Re: Is it ok to mix tyres front and back? 
    Well different tyres work differently on different bikes...

I can pick faults with both the BT014 and the Diablos...BT014's are much better in the wet...the Diablos are slightly better in the dry.
    (When banked over you notice the Diablo gives good grip and feedback, the BT014 grips but feels vauge)

Wear rate, not too impressed with the BT014 front wearing out when I'm only half way though my 2nd rear.

With the Diablos though I found the rear squared off too easy, BT014's didn't.

Not sure what tyres I'll fit next, was considering Avons but getting mixed reports on them, Anyone tried the Continentals or any others?

3. Re: Is it ok to mix tyres front and back? 
    BT014 as standard on the ZZR14, tyre life is poor surveying most owners (1500-3000 miles) but I suppose that is to be expected. Many riders now moving to Pilot Road 2CT or Avon Storm for better tyre life....my only concern is warrenty issues for the tyre swap, I will need to check with the dealer.