Notices

Thread: lowering bikes?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Re: lowering bikes? 
    ChantelleT
    yeah, either take some foam out or go down to the CBF250 :'( Does anyone know whether there is a choice on what size bike you can do your DAS on?

2. Re: lowering bikes? 
    Platinum Member
    do none of the instrutors have a bike small enough for you?

3. Re: lowering bikes? 
    I got the sub frame taken off my GSX1100 and one off a different bike (firestorm) put on to lower it, to make a more streetfighter style of bike which i quite like, hence it wouldn't be prudent to do it on a newish bike but if you can find a decent engineer might be worth doing on an older one.

4. Re: lowering bikes? 
    ChantelleT
    this is my only worry at the moment... all the bikes being to big to do my DAS on. this is why i'm thinking it may be wiser to do it on my own bike. :-/
    Can you only do your DAS on a 500cc or can it be smaller? anyone know?

5. Re: lowering bikes? 
    Icey
    The bike has to be 35 kW (46.6 bhp) to do the DAS on.

I thought most places used the CBF500 or CB500 for the test - It might be worth phoning whoever you are intending to do it with and ask them what bikes they use for the DAS training.

6. Re: lowering bikes? 
    ChantelleT
    i'm sure they have seen smaller people than me on their bikes. But yeah i think it would be wise to make contact with them first.
    Ta guys (and girls)

7. Re: lowering bikes? 
    I wouldn't recommend something too lively for straight after your test, like Z1000 etc. There are firms that do lower shock linkages, didn't follow the link above so this may have already been covered. Have you searched ebay for 'lowered' in the bike section?

8. Re: lowering bikes? 
    Chantelle

Just saw this on fleabay, maybe worth a look, depending on your budget;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lowered-Honda-...QQcmdZViewItem

9. Re: lowering bikes? 
    Diamond Member
    Hi Chantelle ;D

My father in law has a Pan, and he found it to be a tad too high, so he bought some boots from M&P that just had a slightly rasied platform on the bottom. This did the trick for him, until I went round and said that he could raise and lower the seat, now he has no issue at all DOH!

Also there are seats out on the market that you can get that lower the hight without comprimising the feel, you still get a full padding but it has been lowered to suit you, you might want to give this a go.

10. Re: lowering bikes? 
    ChantelleT
    Thanks mike.. might make a bid for that!!