Notices

Thread: Cornering tips

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Cornering tips 
    Like everyone else I strongly recommend the bikesafe course. Going fast round the bends really does come with practice and a lot of it is choosing the right line which is maybe why when you follow someone you find it easier. Just remember though speed isn't everything getting round in one piece is more important.

2. Re: Cornering tips 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf279
    Just remember though speed isn't everything getting round in one piece is more important.
    I stick to the speed limits anyway and dont enjoy travelling faster,but want to be able to cruise round corners within those limits anyway instead of slamming on the anchors on a 40mph bend!lol Like you said getting round is more important and I have to put more faith in my tyres and lean over more which Im doing nicely now! a wee bit anyway.

3. Re: Cornering tips 
    when following, you are able to go faster because the person in front is telling you where the corner goes before you can actually see it.

If they brake, you know you probably oughta (unless their not that confident either)

4. Re: Cornering tips 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by schwee
    when following, you are able to go faster because the person in front is telling you where the corner goes before you can actually see it.

If they brake, you know you probably oughta (unless their not that confident either)
    You're joking : 8-)

Depends if you know the rider & their abilities… personally I ride for myself, I agree it can inspire a little confidence, But following someone into a corner who is obviously a lot quicker is not a particularly good idea as you might not come out the over side. (Red Mist syndrome)

Best place to improve on cornering skills is on the Track, with a capable instructor. Plus not so many objects to hit!

5. Re: Cornering tips 
    Diamond Member
    My tip for going round a corner is, look where you are going and take it at the speed you feel comftable ;D ;D

6. Re: Cornering tips 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    My tip for going round a corner is, look where you are going and take it at the speed you feel comftable ;D ;D
    Yeh mate,that's what I'm doing now! Also want to be up to scratch for the Poole Rideout coming up.

7. Re: Cornering tips 
    Diamond Member
    Ah dont worry that as Amante will be holding everyone up on his push along trike. ;D

8. Re: Cornering tips 
    I find that some days are better than others with corners too - sometimes I can fly round them with a good lean, others I seem to lose it completely and wobble round :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: Cornering tips 
    Diamond Member
    For some reason I hate roundabouts, I just take them slow all the time??? Dont ask me why??

10. Re: Cornering tips 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    For some reason I hate roundabouts, I just take them slow all the time??? Dont ask me why??
    I love the big roundabouts! Just not keen on all those square things with 4 wheels whizzing in and out around you and the dreaded deisel trails! :P