Notices

Thread: fireblade sounds like bag of nails

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    Cheers - he don't need the bit now

I'll still be going that way if you need an ear to listen for the rattle if you want to meet me there?

Upto you? Or just pop it into somewhere like bike treads they'll be able to advise and not far from you

2. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    yeah that will be brilliant mate, i'll wait 4 u by the entrance to the chinese experience. my mob number is 07931805549, cheers buddy.

3. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    hi fireblade i am more used to vintage bikes but from the symtoms you have listed (no noise when clutch engaged or in nuetral) i would be looking at the transmission,have you checked the gearbox oil ?. if it was the cam chain i would expect to hear the noise all the time,hope its nothing to expensive . welcome to wb by the way. regards steve

4. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6T
    hi fireblade i am more used to vintage bikes but from the symtoms you have listed (no noise when clutch engaged or in nuetral) i would be looking at the transmission,have you checked the gearbox oil ?. if it was the cam chain i would expect to hear the noise all the time,hope its nothing to expensive . welcome to wb by the way. regards steve
    Mine used to vary with clutch in or out - easy to listen and at least eliminate it - see ya about 5.30 you'll hear me b4 seeing me
    ;D

5. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    Did you find the fault? Sorry couldn't make it as stuck at work

6. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    didn't find fault, but found out i need my carbs setting up, so im gonna get it into bike treads get them 2 do that and have a go at solving problem. cheers for sending stu in replacement,

7. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    THUNDERBIRD.... thanks for message im getting it into be looked at, aint got time to do anything myself. will u be on round out sunday?

8. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    No worries - I had a lovely text off him by all accounts he was slightly wet ;D

He also commented it was a nice looking bike different paint job from the normal too!

9. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    Your Bike sounded Ok on Sundays' Rideout. Atleast when you were passing!