Notices

Thread: white metal bearings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: white metal bearings 
    Platinum Member
    BB hopefully see you both next week at the dog and fox,may have to take the car myself the lights on the old triumph can be a bit unpredictable not good in the dark riding a black bike wearing black gear,could buy myself a nice powerfull torch though ;D would be interested in joining the club,aswell as the 57 tbird i ride at the moment i am rebuilding a 52 ridged tbird which i intend to build to spec unlike the 57,also have an early fifties bsa zb31 rigid which i got running this year its been off the road probably 40years.cheers steve

2. Re: white metal bearings 
    With that selection you will fit right in... half build bike, off the road many years bike...oh yes - and something on the road!

I'll bring along a membership form & out last newsletter for you - only cost a £5 - apologies Dabz for touting for BCMCC membership on here!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: white metal bearings 
    Give this guy a ring he has been around since the late 60's early 70's does classic and modern bikes he defo knows his stuff if any one can help you he should be able to ,he use to do all the rebores etc for Charlie's Brit bike dealer in Fishponds Road,Bristol

Piston Broke Engineering
    Unit 13/15 Felix Road
    Easton Business Centre
    Bristol
    BS5 0HE
    Avon

Tel: 0117 941 2300
    Fax: 0117 9415899

4. Re: white metal bearings 
    Platinum Member
    thanks alanTDM for that info,the parts are with hurleys in bath at the moment waiting to hear if they can do anything,piston broke sound like a better bet though.cheers steve

5. Re: white metal bearings 
    Quote Originally Posted by 6T
    thanks alanTDM for that info,the parts are with hurleys in bath at the moment waiting to hear if they can do anything,piston broke sound like a better bet though.cheers steve
    Piston Broke are only Motorcycle engineers nowt else
    Steve Riley is the guys name if you have to phone and take it there to be done.He has a comp database with shed loads of info on it for bikes classic and modern, no harm in ringing him.
    good luck!!

6. Re: white metal bearings 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanTDM
    [quote author=6T link=1225030345/0#13 date=1225457047]thanks alanTDM for that info,the parts are with hurleys in bath at the moment waiting to hear if they can do anything,piston broke sound like a better bet though.cheers steve
    Piston Broke are only Motorcycle engineers nowt else
    Steve Riley is the guys name if you have to phone and take it there to be done.He has a comp database with shed loads of info on it for bikes classic and modern, no harm in ringing him.
    good luck!![/quote] thanks alan,rang piston broke and they gave me a contact in bristol that can white metal the old rods at £65 a rod which sounds good to me.Cheers Steve

7. Re: white metal bearings 
    Good to hear you have got it sorted. Let me know the result - we can always give the 'good guys' a plug [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: white metal bearings 
    Platinum Member
    actually BB i didnt use the guys in bristol in the end, i check ebay most days and just before i was going to take the parts down to bristol a box full of old white metal conrods were listed which i won for £10+postage, 8 of the 12 rods that came were triumph so i have managed to get it sorted

9. Re: white metal bearings 
    Result! Fleabay does turn up trumps/Triumphs sometimes. A tad cheaper too. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Maybe see you at the Dog & Fox tonight?

BB

10. Re: white metal bearings 
    Platinum Member
    you can sometimes pick up a bargain on ebay although if it is a rare or hard to find part you normally end up paying if you want it, as there is a lot of armchair autojumblers out their ;D BB i was working till late today so couldnt make the dog&fox but look forward to meeting you all at the imber run. cheers steve