Notices

Thread: Front Mud Guard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Front Mud Guard 
    Diamond Member
    Hello Ladies and Gents

Since a while ago when I broke down becuase of the Reg/Rec going on my vfr800 and I was taken home by a flat bed I have had a craked front mud guard due to the plonker that strapped my bike down strapped it via the front wheel. > >

I did not notice this for a while and so I could not then go back to them and get them to replace the guard.

At the weekend while bevering away on the bike cleaning and polishing it I have noticed that now the guard is wobberling like a weeble.
    Does anybody know of a good way to hold the guard together until I can get the cash to buy a new one (which might be a little while due to Baby Josh taking all of my spare cash (David Silver Spares £68 + p&p)). :-? :-?

I will try and take some photos to show you what has happend so you can make some better advice.

2. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    You could totally bodge it by drilling holes on each side of the split and 'lacing' with cable ties. A lot neater would be to super glue it. A better and more permanent solution ( and cheaper) is to trawl ebay for plastex. Used it to rebuild a zzr fairing which resembled a jigsaw.

Ade

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plastex-Plasti...QQcmdZViewItem

3. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    Diamond Member
    This is the crack on the front mud guard, as you can sort of see it is a bit of a crack.

4. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    I'm with Ade on this one...though if you are intent on changing it....use epoxy to keep it together till you get the new one...Ardilite 2 part from any DIY store will sort it.

5. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    Plastex kits are available from G M Stevens, Canal Rd, Trowbridge.
    I used some to bodge indicator lugs on a GPZ1000

Cheers

Kev

6. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    Diamond Member
    Thanx guys, I will try and get some and fix the old girl up.

7. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    Diamond Member
    Thanx for your help guys, I used a two pack glue at the weekend just to hold the mud guard togerhter until I can get the cash to buy a new one.
    I have made a little mess on the top but I can live with that as long as the mud guard does not cuase me to fall off I am happy with that.
    Also I have noticed that when I took the guard off that it had been glued before right down in the corner by the bolts. >

8. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    Platinum Member
    Is the repair still holding?

9. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    Diamond Member
    Yes it is holding fast and I have been using every day since the repair.
    I have been using it to go up and down to Windsor, I went to Harrogate and Horsham on her and it is still holding fast.

10. Re: Front Mud Guard 
    lol, i found a great deal of black duck tape, and a artistic hand can hold most things fast when you need a quick fix lol' 8-)