Notices

Thread: Started then Didnt start

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    Platinum Member
    is a little odd jack as you road home from sally ok, was there a strong smell of fuel when you were trying to start it would expect this if it were ignition related, as scotty suggested worth checking the contents of the fuel tank, if it looks low switch over to reserve tap, if your sure the fuel is getting through then remove a plug as davey suggested,if your able to do this just rest the plug on the cylinder head/stud bare metal to ensure good earth and give the starter a few short bursts to check for a spark,watch you dont get a belt from the plug or ht lead if you have your hand on it best of luck

2. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    Ok,Got fuel as the tank is full ,and got most of it all over me when lifting the tank to get to the spark plugs lol, tryed testing a ht leed,but getting to them is diff as i gota get round the air box ,doing it on my own is hard ,realy need second pair of hands ,or will just have to take it to the shop
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

3. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    You havent acidently knocked the kill switch (done it myself) cause some bikes the engine will turn over but not fire up!

4. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by alanTDM
    You havent acidently knocked the kill switch (done it myself) cause some bikes the engine will turn over but not fire up!
    Bump :-/

5. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    Had RAC out today,still nothing ,looks like the shop for it, will have to ring round on monday :-[

6. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    Sorry to hear that mate, hope it's nothing too costly and you can be back on the road soon.

7. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by jack930
    Had RAC out today,still nothing ,looks like the shop for it, will have to ring round on monday :-[
    Give Bike Treads (Swindon) a call & ask for Gav (WB Member) I am sure he'll be of help.

8. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    Platinum Member
    I was gonna suggest engine kill switch too, is it in gear? some bike's wont fire if they are in gear!! As davey said try bump starting it first before you do anything, also check all the fuses in case one has blown.

Best of luck

9. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    Thanks for all the advice ,checkd all the usuall stuff, Got power to HT coils and fuel punp, but still think their is no spark ? couldnt see if the fuel pump was working as i had the fuel tank off, and no fuel to pump lol.

It will need someone that see's this sort of thing more often and know what they are doing,

Will try that No at Bike Treads see what they say ,

Just hope it dont cost alot,or the bike is staying at the garage till i can pay :'(

10. Re: Started then Didnt start 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by jack930
    Thanks for all the advice ,checkd all the usuall stuff, Got power to HT coils and fuel punp, but still think their is no spark ? couldnt see if the fuel pump was working as i had the fuel tank off, and no fuel to pump lol.

It will need someone that see's this sort of thing more often and know what they are doing,

Will try that No at Bike Treads see what they say ,

Just hope it dont cost alot,or the bike is staying at the garage till i can pay :'(
    Well Gav is a good chappie and really knows his stuff...worth a punt. Good luck hope all goes well. 8-)