Notices

Thread: a law issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. a law issue 
    Diamond Member
    Just wondering... is it legal to ride with headphones in? i assume 1 ear in is as people ride with radios or pillion radios, is it legal to have headphones in both ears? Any help much welcomed

2. Re: a law issue 
    Specifically, yes, it's legal to have earphones in both ears, or rather there isn't a law saying you can't. However, if you caused an accident and it was proved to be because you couldn't hear, or were listenning to music so loud it distracted you, then you might be liable to be prosecuted for driving with undue care and attention. Just as you would be in the same situation with your car stereo too loud. So, used sensibly, it's perfectly OK and perfectly legal.

Regards,

3. Re: a law issue 
    Diamond Member
    Thankyou for clearing that one up for me burger

4. Re: a law issue 
    Platinum Member
    Ha ha, i used to do this quite a bit when i rode to work in bristol on my little RS50 ;D

5. Re: a law issue 
    Who needs music, fit a better exhaust system, that's the best music in the world

6. Re: a law issue 
    Diamond Member
    When I used to ride ti Didcot to work I used to plug my creative MP3 player in the com unit that I bought and installed for my wife and I to chat between the two of us, this way I didnt have the ear pieces in the ear and I could still hear the road and what people said to me.

7. Re: a law issue 
    Platinum Member

8. Re: a law issue 
    I tried using my ipod a couple months ago but found the earplugs fell out or moved into an uncomfortable position when i put the helmet on, so gave up and just wear normal earplugs :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: a law issue 
    ONFIRE
    I Scare myself stupid by Singing to myself ;D

10. Re: a law issue 
    Diamond Member
    Thats very good info Thunderbird, good job my old MP3 player only plays music and has not pics or internet access or anything bar music on it then, so this makes it allowed but I am still at risk if I crash in being donr for Due Care and Attention, I will have to make sure that if I do use it that I am not in a crash then.