Notices

Thread: Cleaning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Cleaning 
    Diamond Member
    Ok I gave the old girl a good old clean on Sunday (my god my back is now killing me, bent over for too long) and I could not get the oil/muck off of the back wheel, I used wheel cleaner, soap and water, I didnt try any white spirits or anything as they are Painted wheels and some of the paint has come off so I didnt want to use anything else that might harm the wheel.
    But I still could not get the muck off, does anybody have any wise ideas on how I can shift the grim please, as the rest of the bik now looks sweeeeeet but the wheels look a little rough.

2. Re: Cleaning 
    usually just use Halfords wheel cleaner but if that doesn't shift it use Gunk engine cleaner .Don't know if that helps

3. Re: Cleaning 
    WD40...
    AKA Jase / Fazer390

4. Re: Cleaning 
    I've used Muc off or Rock. Rider Power did a review but I can't find it at the mo'

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Cleaning 
    Diamond Member
    Sweet cheers peeps, I will try a mixtutre of all of them in one and see what happens ;D ;D

6. Re: Cleaning 
    I USE CAR PRIDE SPRAY WAX. £1 PER CAN IN BUYOLGY (SWINDON).
    REMOVES TAR OIL CHAIN WAX BUGS, PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING.
    TRY IT,ITS ONLY A QUID [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Cleaning 
    use the cheapest furniture polish you can buy, spray it straight onto a dirty wheel - wipe the crap straight off!!!!

wipes chain lube off like it was never there

8. Re: Cleaning 
    Diamond Member
    Cheers Spudgun, once again you come through.....

9. Re: Cleaning 
    i actually find getting **** off my engine casing is pretty effective with a little bit of petrol and a brush/cloth. Did wonders for my engine and casing on my eliminator, - was proper cacked in burn't on everything

10. Re: Cleaning 
    As already mentioned wd40 always works and i shouldnt damage the paintwork either, i also use a liquid called superbike cleaner one for washing heavey duty grime spray on and wash off, and another is for wash and wax spray on and wipe off to a brillant shine tis excellant stuff, brought it from a classic bike and car show and you can get it online check it out it does wot it says on the tin [smiley=thumbsup.gif]ttp://www.n93.org/superbikecleaner/links.php sorry you will have to cut and paste this into your search box cant do the link thingy :-[