Notices

Thread: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    LOL...if they make an "shaftie R1" I'll eat my hat ;D

2. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    Diamond Member
    I was once told by a young lady, you cant beat a good shafty or was that shafting!!! : ;D

:-[ Must keep smutty comments to myself in future! Sorry!! :-X

3. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    Cheers furry-TLR, no worries just smelt a possible bargain,
    Does noone work in a bike shop and get staff sales price fo us poor bikers??
    anyway,
    With a short inside leg you can rule out all those adult bikes for me, shaft and all, souds nice though
    I just cant see myself on a BMW, im a yip yip boy, sounds like a first date
    jerk and a squirt as often as i can lol

4. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    Diamond Member
    Never mind - you will see the error of your ways in due course lol.

5. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    Look just buy it and get it fitted by a pro. It will cost about £80 then all you gota do is top it up. I have had them on all my bikes and cant fault them. Okay the rear sproket will never be shiny but you will get so much more out of a chain and sprockets.

6. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry this is a bit late I have been on holiday, just got back, but yeah I recomend a oiler any time, I have had one on most of my bikes due to it making the chain last a hell of a lot longer, also saves me time at weekends, not oiling the chain.

7. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    I've been using a Scottoiler for years and can't praise them enough - well made. easy(ish) to fit and hassle free. Can easily double the mileage you'll get from chain and sprockets.
    Buy it, fit it, forget it (well, apart from the occasional top-up)

HTH,
    Alan

8. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    I had one when I had my 1200 Trophy and it was great. Haven't bothered with the MT-01 just use chain wax every now and then (can tell by the gearchange when I need to do it)

9. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    Here we go " Memory Lane " who remembers taking there chain off, after a ride out, sticking it in a round tin of greese, banging it on ya mums brand new cooker ring and boiling it for an hour, " i those were the day's "

10. Re: Scottoiler--Good or Bad-- or any other oiler 
    I have a scottoiler for both my FJ1200's, and its awesome really. I usually forget about oiling my chain, and had one snap on my old xtz750, the scottoiler means I never have to worry about it, and as I can see the level in the res everytime I approach the bike, its not been a problem to keep it topped up.

Considering a new chain and sprocket set can be very expensive, the FJ owners club charge £125 for a new set for my bikes, the kit costs £70 - £100, the scottoiler will double the life of your chain and sprockets, so you should get you money back the first time you would normally need to change you chain and sprockets.

Just as an extra FYI, scottoiler also do a fitment that puts oil on both sides of the rear sprocket, rather than just the one side which both of mine do, not sure how much of a difference this makes, but they claim its much better than the standard, and I can see it makes sense.

As for fitting, its very easy, and they have a load of fitting guides for different bikes on their website which you can download and print off freely, and if you're not sure, they are very helpfull when you contact them for advice.

As I am a complete idiot when it comes to workign on my bike i can sum it up best like this

Ease of fitment - 5*
    Easy to undertand instructions - 5*
    Cost - 5*
    Customer service - 5*
    Hunars grin factor now he never has to remember to oil his chains - 5

If ya don't have one, get one, if you do have one, then you already know how good they are!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...