Notices

Thread: Tyres

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Re: Tyres 
    been thinking on getting some of theis

http://www.pirelli.co.uk/web/motorcy...t/default.page
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

2. Re: Tyres 
    Quote Originally Posted by bladep102
    Sorry had bad experience with avons in the wet and know for a fact that they use metzelers to set there test bikes up with before they test there own tyres and i also know some people who get them for free but never use them just sell them on and buy other brands but tyres are always a personal choice
    You're right. I used to do tyre testing for Avon. Rensports were the dogs danglies in the dry. No good in the wet. Incidentally, I wouldn't touch Avon Azaros with a barge pole. Great in the dry, and great mileage, but in the wet...
    Just by rolling on the throttle on a litre bike would get the rear spinning for miles. Scarey stuff if you weren't prepared. Good fun if you knew what you were doing... ;D
    On the other hand, Storms are very good. It was difficult to make the rear lose traction, even when provoked (would normally end up wheelying instead).
    A lot of what you read about tyres in the motorcycling press, is cobblers. They have to write something to sell magazines. Most tyres these days are very good, with only a couple of exceptions. It comes down to what sort of riding you do, and what mileage you want. The Storms are a good compromise. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Tyres 
    Diamond Member
    Good point Able, it is really down to you your bike set up and how you feel...
    All companies and mags could say the gold ones are the best and the copper ones are the worst but then I could get on fine with the copper ones as Able might not.....so it really is a try and see...but I have found ones that work for me and my bike at the mo so I am sticking with them....

4. Re: Tyres 
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    .....so it really is a try and see...but I have found ones that work for me and my bike at the mo so I am sticking with them....
    Same here, I may not be using the BT021's on my bike to their full extent but I do have confidence in them in all weather and so far I have been very very impressed with the mileage I have had out of them. Reckon I have just under a 1000 miles on the back one and that would push it over the 5000 mile mark by the time it needs replacing which is good as far as I am concerned!

5. Re: Tyres 
    Question for able training do you know Pete Wilson and Glen Hunnybun ?

6. Re: Tyres 
    Certainly do. I heard Pete no longer works for Avon though. Damn good rider, and really knew his stuff. Learnt a lot from him. Used to race in Canadian Superbikes, where anything goes. Said about guys using turbos and nitros in a roadrace. Mad...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: Tyres 
    Yes he is no more dont know where he has gone and Glen is a mate who i do track days with maybe catch up sometime or dont you do track days anymore

8. Re: Tyres 
    Quote Originally Posted by bladep102
    Yes he is no more dont know where he has gone and Glen is a mate who i do track days with maybe catch up sometime or dont you do track days anymore
    I do some trackdays, but really focusing on tuition. I still have some fun on my bike (FZ1), but being naked, it's not ideal. I get knackered a bit quick. :-[

Also, it's not quite the same when you've done racing. It's all a bit gentlemanly, and a bit sedate.

Who is the other guy at Avon, keep trying to remember his name. Was a bit nuts in a race. Was good, but fell off a lot. It's terrible getting old, can't remember my own name sometimes...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Tyres 
    You must be on about Pete Dobson

10. Re: Tyres 
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    You must be on about Pete Dobson
    That's the one Jimmer. Is he still at Avon? Is he still racing? :-?
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk