Notices

Thread: Tyres

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Re: Tyres 
    Diamond Member
    See now that is funny G-Whizz, as I have always used 020's and I have just got 021's and I have found the 21's to be better, it all goes to show the type of bike and setup does change what type of tyre is best for you and your setup. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Tyres 
    I do tend to keep my suspension fairly hard, even in the wet.
    Do you think I should be using different pressures for different tyres? 'cause the 021's slide about on dry roads, where the 020 would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    See now that is funny G-Whizz, as I have always used 020's and I have just got 021's and I have found the 21's to be better, it all goes to show the type of bike and setup does change what type of tyre is best for you and your setup. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Tyres 
    Diamond Member
    Now this is another question altogether, what one person likes the other might not, now I have mine set up softer than some might like but then I aint 300mph all the time, as I ride a Sports Tourer with less of the sports, and then I crank it a notch when the wife gets on the back.

4. Re: Tyres 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Most people will never really be good enough to explore the full capabilities uber sticky boots like Corsas or 021s.
    Why not use Avon Storms?
    Good enough for yer average rider, perform well in both wet and dry and are made locally, so you help to keep a Wiltshire bod in a job.

5. Re: Tyres 
    Has anyone seen page 17 of this weeks MCN
    020 beats 021 pmsl

6. Re: Tyres 
    Diamond Member
    See now there's another funy thing....
    Cos 'Bike' tested the two on two different bikes and put 021's in front of the old ones, so like I said before it all depends on who, what, when and how.......
    It also depends on the price of chicken..... [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Tyres 
    Platinum Member
    Thorkill The Tall wrote

Most people will never really be good enough to explore the full capabilities uber sticky boots like Corsas or 021s.
    Why not use Avon Storms?
    Good enough for yer average rider, perform well in both wet and dry and are made locally, so you help to keep a Wiltshire bod in a job.
    I am in agreement with this, I always buy Avon tyres for that simple fact.

Even the touring compound tyres are good enough to get your pegs down without problems

8. Re: Tyres 
    Avon storms are great have run them on a gsxr1000k6 brilliant in the wet and dry. Lets be honest guys people can not used the grip of sticky sports tyres on the road unless you really are taking the piss and lining yourself up for a big accident.

Modern Sports touring tyres are fantastic...I had my worries fitting them to a 160 bhp + bike, but two sets have proved my fears unfounded. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: Tyres 
    I got Avon Storms on my bike.Came back from N Wales in early June hit a thunderstorm riding in it for 1hour tyres were faultless.Now i know why they call them Avon Storms.Need a new rear soon getting about 7K and 20K on the front [smiley=thumbsup.gif]and i even havent had a puncture this time round, Yet!

10. Re: Tyres 
    Sorry had bad experience with avons in the wet and know for a fact that they use metzelers to set there test bikes up with before they test there own tyres and i also know some people who get them for free but never use them just sell them on and buy other brands but tyres are always a personal choice