Notices

Thread: Tyres

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Tyres 
    ONFIRE
    Corsa III's [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

2. Re: Tyres 
    I've just put a set of Maxxis Supermaxx Sports on mine for £155 fitted can't complain at that price. Not read one bad review on them, they're sticky as hell, warm up quickly, on the geeky side the tread pattern looks wicked (like cut slicks) so i'm well chuffed so far with them [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Tyres 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    Corsa III's [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

what kind of mileage do you get out of them, i do a lot of miles and i have these on my bike at the moment and they are amazing. loads of confidence in all weathers.

4. Re: Tyres 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    [quote author=ONFIRE link=1228439661/30#30 date=1246316209]Corsa III's [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

what kind of mileage do you get out of them, i do a lot of miles and i have these on my bike at the moment and they are amazing. loads of confidence in all weathers.[/quote]

Depends how you ride I guess... myself on the Road now I only get 1500 miles.

5 years ago about 4000 miles [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

5. Re: Tyres 
    Platinum Member

Is that before they're worn or squared off If your doing higher mileage I'd look at a dual/ tri compound

6. Re: Tyres 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    [quote author=ONFIRE link=1228439661/30#33 date=1247842248]

Is that before they're worn or squared off If your doing higher mileage I'd look at a dual/ tri compound[/quote]

Oi numpty... Thats why they are called Corsa 111 They're a three zone compound Tire (the Rear utilizes two compounds in three distinct zones with a firmer center surrounded by softer shoulders.)

But you're probably right Stu (did i say that?) look at a harder compound touring tire for improved miles...maybe Supermaxx Touring.

Then its a trade off between mileage and grip like said depends on how you ride.

Take a look at this site might be of help http://www.fwr.co.uk/

7. Re: Tyres 
    Platinum Member
    [quote author=Davey link=1228439661/30#34 date=1247853913][quote author=ONFIRE link=1228439661/30#33 date=1247842248]

Is that before they're worn or squared off If your doing higher mileage I'd look at a dual/ tri compound[/quote]

Oi numpty... Thats why they are called Corsa 111 They're a three zone compound Tire (the Rear utilizes two compounds in three distinct zones with a firmer center surrounded by softer shoulders.)

But you're probably right Stu (did i say that?) look at a harder compound touring tire for improved miles...maybe Supermaxx Touring.

Then its a trade off between mileage and grip like said depends on how you ride.

Take a look at this site might be of help http://www.fwr.co.uk/
    [/quote]

Yeah thats what I meant to put just forgot to finish the sentence - beer was calling ;D

8. Re: Tyres 
    thanks for all the info. i used to use Metzler Z6 on my 750 which got great mileage and were even good on a track but not really sure what they will be like with 180bhp running through them.
    anybody else use these tires on a 1000cc machine??

9. Re: Tyres 
    ONFIRE
    ;D ;D

10. Re: Tyres 
    If you shop around you may still find some Bridgestone 020's.
    Which are grippier than the newer 021's, I've found.
    And will be cheaper, too.