Quote Originally Posted by bladep102
Sorry had bad experience with avons in the wet and know for a fact that they use metzelers to set there test bikes up with before they test there own tyres and i also know some people who get them for free but never use them just sell them on and buy other brands but tyres are always a personal choice
You're right. I used to do tyre testing for Avon. Rensports were the dogs danglies in the dry. No good in the wet. Incidentally, I wouldn't touch Avon Azaros with a barge pole. Great in the dry, and great mileage, but in the wet...
Just by rolling on the throttle on a litre bike would get the rear spinning for miles. Scarey stuff if you weren't prepared. Good fun if you knew what you were doing... ;D
On the other hand, Storms are very good. It was difficult to make the rear lose traction, even when provoked (would normally end up wheelying instead).
A lot of what you read about tyres in the motorcycling press, is cobblers. They have to write something to sell magazines. Most tyres these days are very good, with only a couple of exceptions. It comes down to what sort of riding you do, and what mileage you want. The Storms are a good compromise. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]