Notices

Thread: Engine repairs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Engine repairs 
    Well thought all was well riding to work this morning, how wrong i was gona be.

Got half way their and with no warning heard a banging noise from the front of my bike it soon got very loud and then the engine cut out over a space of 100meters

It started back up but cut out straight away, it sounds like metal Grinding and banging.

Engine has oil,and their is no sighn of crack's or leaking oil.

As for the so called breakdown cover.thats in my wifes name,wanted to know if she was their as its for her,after me saying she had just gone home,they put it down as not with vechl,and unable to send recovery,
    So at 2 in the morning i lost the plot with them,saying thank you for your help in leaving me in the middle of nowhere and no way of getting home,
    They just said Good night sir >

Had to get a lift home from a pal (Cheers Ged)and leave the bike by the side of the road,

If any one live's nr or in Frome with a trailer or a means for picking a bike up giz a shout

So
    As its a V-twin i have no idea where to go to get it looked at and i dont wona think of the cost :'(

Is their any one out their thats worked on v-twins ,that could have a look or even work on it, to keep the cost down

No more riding for me untill its fixed :'( :'( :'( or sold for parts coz i canny aford the repair :'( :'(

There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

2. Re: Engine repairs 
    Platinum Member
    Jack sorry to hear about you bad news, it might be cheaper to start looking for another engine

3. Re: Engine repairs 
    Jack

Sorry I'm not that mechanical.
    If it's a case of getting it looked over you could try Lightning services, Marsh Farm, Marsh Road, Hilperton. Tel 785164.
    He is into Harley's and did a great job servicing my Triumph Bonnie.

Kev

4. Re: Engine repairs 
    Bike been recoverd :'(

5. Re: Engine repairs 
    again thanks too who.......ME lol :P

6. Re: Engine repairs 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by jack930
    No more riding for me untill its fixed :'( :'( :'( or sold for parts coz i canny aford the repair :'( :'(
    What a pisser mate

I agree with Kevinb, give Baz at Lightning Services a shout
    Everything else is shyte

7. Re: Engine repairs 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to hear the bad news dude, sorry to say all I can say is take it to one of the more well known garages or one that you can get a recomendation from another biker that has had work done, as I have not had this happen to me (Touch wood) so I can say to try one over another.

8. Re: Engine repairs 
    Had a word with a garage and it sounds like the cam chain ,so god knows wot damage it has done :'( :'(

just gave Lightning services a call ,they are fully booked up till Sep,and also qouted me £60 ph labour,

Had a search all morning for a engine and only found 1 on ebay at £900

9. Re: Engine repairs 
    £900 thats peanuts fer u mate get the wife too pay....oops then again maybe not, lol, however i do do know where theres a tuned too death R6 if u fancy one.....

Had a word with a garage and it sounds like the cam chain ,so god knows wot damage it has done :'( :'(

just gave Lightning services a call ,they are fully booked up till Sep,and also qouted me £60 ph labour,

Had a search all morning for a engine and only found 1 on ebay at £900

10. Re: Engine repairs 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Baz at Lightning's charges are just shy of £49 per hour, including VAT.