Notices

Thread: Bike cutting out - Any ideas?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikermouse
    A Suzuki GS500F (the faired one) - going to look at one at the weekend to see if it's "the one".

kj
    Sorry to say you might be disappointed! Your 400 is way quicker (when it's running). Maybe try an SV650 if you can fit on it? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Mark I get what you are saying..... however I don't hoon around on the 400 in any event and the riding position is killing my back and neck(which I have major problems with and require constant Chiro treatment for). We looked at one GS in Southampton and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't have given them £2.50 for it, it had been dropped and was in the tattiest condition I've ever seen, looked like someone had been on an off road adventure just prior to it being parked up. We then went over to Poole and saw another and took it out for a test ride. Verdict - not too bad - although it certainly needs a lowering kit for me to be perfectly comfortable with it. Certainly doesn't have the gruntish sound of my little Ollie but one can always change the can to get that effect. So I'm certainly not discounting it yet.....

The SV650 is way too high and even with a lowering kit and a modified seat I don't think I'll manage to get these little legs firmly on the floor.

kj

3. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Hmm.....

May I suggest these?..............

4. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Verdict - not too bad - although it certainly needs a lowering kit for me to be perfectly comfortable with it.
    Honda Star's just sold her F650CS, but we do still have the suspension dog-bones to reduce the rear height, they should fit any of the F650s and are a real doddle to fit - let either of us know if they'd interest you
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Platinum Member
    I might know someone interested in those.

6. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    What are you going to do with the CBR??? Keep it for a bit of fun??
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    What are you going to do with the CBR??? Keep it for a bit of fun??
    Probably sell it on. Still umming and aahing though as I do love my little CBR just not when he's being a miserable git!

kj

8. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Mark I get what you are saying..... however I don't hoon around on the 400 in any event and the riding position is killing my back and neck(which I have major problems with and require constant Chiro treatment for). We looked at one GS in Southampton and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't have given them £2.50 for it, it had been dropped and was in the tattiest condition I've ever seen, looked like someone had been on an off road adventure just prior to it being parked up. We then went over to Poole and saw another and took it out for a test ride. Verdict - not too bad - although it certainly needs a lowering kit for me to be perfectly comfortable with it. Certainly doesn't have the gruntish sound of my little Ollie but one can always change the can to get that effect. So I'm certainly not discounting it yet.....

The SV650 is way too high and even with a lowering kit and a modified seat I don't think I'll manage to get these little legs firmly on the floor.

kj
    Maybe try a CB500? It's a nicer bike than the GS.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Will second the quality of the CB500... my dad rides one, he looked at the GS, Diversion etc... The CB was the best by miles. Rides well, is very comfortable and is very well built.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Bike cutting out - Any ideas? 
    Diamond Member
    I must say I had a CB500 and loved it to bits was good little alrounder and mpg was good on it too.