Notices

Thread: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryMc
    After finding that there were 2 faults on the Bike we have it up and running again. The ignition switch had worn to the point of not letting the starter turn over so a new one is required but can get it to work at the moment but the original fault was the fuel tap. If you run the bike with the tap in the normal "fuel" position it will only run for around 10 minutes but if you leave it on "prime" it runs fine

Heading up to GW's and Artdeans to get quotes on the ignition switch and get the tap replaced this week.

Thanks for all your help guys and gals [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

PB
    Be sure it's the fuel tap mate. Again, our GS500's would restart on 'prime' basically cos loads of fuel is going in, and by the time we'd switched over to 'prime' the carbs had defrosted.

We actually had a breakdown the other day on the A4 Batheaston bypass. Heading towards Bristol last thursday, got to the bottom of the long hill out of Bath, and it was raining. As we climbed the hill, rain started to turn to sleet and one of the GS's started to misfire. By the time we got to the top of the hill it was snowing heavily, at which point the GS conked out. Phone call to Phoenix to come and recover. Test cancelled. Pick bike up from Phoenix with Pro FST in the tank, not had a problem since. Carb icing again. :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    Am going to have a look at making a set of engine covers on mine... see if I can force the carb to pull air from the engine... the cold weather running is a pain.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    Pro FST mate... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    Sounds electrical to me? :

5. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryMc
    After finding that there were 2 faults on the Bike we have it up and running again. The ignition switch had worn to the point of not letting the starter turn over so a new one is required but can get it to work at the moment but the original fault was the fuel tap. If you run the bike with the tap in the normal "fuel" position it will only run for around 10 minutes but if you leave it on "prime" it runs fine
    Sounds like either a diaphram fault or a hole in the vac hose. I'd get a new vac hose as well. And check the carbs, 10 mins seems a long time for running on whats in the fuel line.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    Quick update on this one. Got the bike all sorted and running like a dream only for some little scrote to steal it on Tuesday morning >

We found it later that morning (no thanks to Wiltshires finest) but they have tried to hotwire it and basically ripped everything they could out of the loom, lights and ignition without success so the bike is a write off :'(

The wife has decided not to claim on the insurance as if she does it will double her premium for next year and as she has just purchased a speed triple she would be looking at £700 a year so it's not worth claiming for a bike she'd be lucky to get £700 for.

All I can say is if you live in the West Swindon area watch your bike closely as this was chained to my bike with the steering lock on under our bedroom window and they still managed to get away without anyone seeing or hearing anything!!!!!

PB

7. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    F*ckers >
    Stoning would be too good for bike thieves, anyone care to differ?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    Platinum Member
    Bl00dy low life scumbags

If you find out who they are I am sure we can organise a ride out.

9. Re: Bandit 600N Cutting out when weather is cold 
    Sorry to hear that mate