Notices

Thread: Satnav

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Satnav 
    I have a 12V Supply fitted to the SV. Will post pics (if I can find them)

I didn't use the socket, just wired straight in via an inline fuse.

Also put a cig lighter in the storage area under the pillion seat.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Satnav 
    I too have a Garmin Zumo 550, it's hardwired onto the bike and sits in a ram mount cradle. It is really easy to fit and the mount system works really well.

Comes highly recommended by me! 12,000kms round europe and didn't miss a beat!

Good times!

p.s It also managed to do about 8 hours navigation without charging. I didn't plug it in to see what it could do and that was the result. But it was fully charged to start with.

3. Re: Satnav 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf279
    Can I take it from the cryptic comments that Hunar's satnav was being fickle yesterday ;D
    Hunar was certainly having problems with his sat nav which was why I lent him my Garmin Zumo 550 he now wants to get the same so not a bad endorcement for the Garmin.

4. Re: Satnav 
    Diamond Member
    i have a becker...the boyfriend seems to have fixed it anyway, some loose connection, typical!

5. Re: Satnav 
    Morticia, it is becker than nothing! ;D......Sorry!

6. Re: Satnav 
    Diamond Member
    LOL, I like it!

7. Re: Satnav 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowr1der
    [quote author=Morticia link=1270997620/0#0 date=1270997620]Can anyone recommend a good one that doesn't die half way through my trip, please? The one I have is good, just not good enough. Cheers! >

Hunar seems to have a very good one........not ;D[/quote]

lmao, im so supprised that thing aint in 1000 pieces by now, its nearly been for a swim before now aswell ;D if it was mine i would have smashed it long ago lol

8. Re: Satnav 
    My satnav is pretty good when used in the car on the bike I have trouble seeing the screen. I am interested in the Zumo but they are still a bit pricey.

9. Re: Satnav 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf279
    My satnav is pretty good when used in the car on the bike I have trouble seeing the screen. I am interested in the Zumo but they are still a bit pricey.
    Bob, look for a 2nd hand unit. I bought Zumo 550 (not the new snazzy 660, but good all the same) for £260, with Ram cradle, all wiring and car accessories. Well, everything you get when you buy a new one, actually. It took some finding, but proves they are out there for decent money.

10. Re: Satnav 
    Platinum Member
    Remember if you buy a Zumo they are not supplied new with a blue tooth headset and ideally for bike use you will need one as trying to follow on screen directions in traffic can be awkward.