The slide will be wet once run as air in carb gets blown forward and Back and will "blow" past the slide this is normal If it starts to bog once warm it is likely to be running rich also as the air screw does nothing this sort of confirms it.

1 Is the centre electrode of the spark plug a mousey brown or grey? I suspect it will be sooty black confirming rich running again.

2 When you checked the float height by turning the carb upside down did you set the float height as the little tab JUST touces the pin on the valve or did you do it with the float resting on the valve? If you did the second you have probably set you float height wrong causing an overly rich mixture.

3 Check the float needle is fully cutting off the fuel during its travel If not clean float needle & valve thoroughly and recheck before starting engine.

4 If all this is correct ensure the air bleed circuit and pilot jet are clear (an airline is good for this.)

5 Finally check all you jets: Main jet, emulsion tube, pilot jet, slide and needle are all correct for the bike - people have a habit of jetting up thinking more fuel is more power with disatrous consequences on 2 strokes:---

NB Modern 2 strokes usually pump oil into the carb which is then sucked into the engine to lube it. Running them rich of fuel can wash the oil out of the engine causing failure usually of the big end bearing. I know this to be a fact as I have had to rebuild ny mates TZR125 recently for just this reason. Squirt some more 2T oil through the inlet before trying to start again. Better an oiled plug than an un oiled engine.

Chokes on most carbs these days are of the "excess fuel" type and only work at idle. Do not leave it on for long as the same thing can happen. Any problem or things you are not sure of please feel free to call me 07795 266230