Notices

Thread: TYRE PUNCTURE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. TYRE PUNCTURE 
    Ok, so this morning i go out to my garage to get the bike for work and guess what !! A damn screw in the centre of my back tyre and of course tyre is flat. So OH has got a plug kit but im not to sure what to do now. Does anyone know somewhere that does Bridgestone BT 014 180/55 7R17' s with fitting for a reasonable rate that can fit me in without booking in advance?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. The closer to home the better really and im in Newbury RG20. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    Platinum Member
    Can't help you with Newbury I'm afraid, but I had a nail right in the middle of my back tyre.
    I had it repaired for £40 instead of buying a new tyre, so your's may be repairable if it's in the center and within the limits for repair.

If your OH is capable of taking the wheel off the bike (and obviously putting it back on again) then you will have a lot more options for repairs if you can take a loose wheel in (assuming you have a car to transport it).
    There are a lot of standard car tyre places that will deal with loose wheels but don't have the skills/tools/time to take them on and off bikes.

3. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    Quote Originally Posted by nico_stew
    Ok, so this morning i go out to my garage to get the bike for work and guess what !! A damn screw in the centre of my back tyre and of course tyre is flat. So OH has got a plug kit but im not to sure what to do now. Does anyone know somewhere that does Bridgestone BT 014 180/55 7R17' s with fitting for a reasonable rate that can fit me in without booking in advance?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. The closer to home the better really and im in Newbury RG20. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Can't help you Nicky - but what a bummer!

4. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    Bad luck Nicky, :'(

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    Platinum Member
    Hopefully AlanTDM will log on and read this post, he can fix punctures with an ear plug.

You could take your wheel out and take it to biketreads in Swindon (You do not have to book in) or try the local tyre dealers and see if they will come out and plug it so you can get to a bike tyre place

Good luck

6. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    All fixed. Thanks everyone. Got the bike to GW and had a new tyre fitted. £144 squids later but what can we do hey

7. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    If you go to any car garage/repair place that sell tyres, there guna be cheaper than going to a bike dealer babe. Just get the bike dealer to fit it. Ducatista has the right idea.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    £144 for an 014 fitted. You have been seriously mugged off. You could have got a decent tyre on there for that price

9. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    Oh well desperate times call for desperate measures LOL

10. Re: TYRE PUNCTURE 
    BT016 at the very least next time please