Notices

Thread: tyre advice please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: tyre advice please 
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    i did try less throttle JD but it didnt feel natural ;D
    make sure your tyres warm up properly first, gunning it from cold will waste any tyre away. also make sure the heat keeps getting distributed properly....ie if you havent taken a left hand bend for a while then you need to conscious that side of the tyre will be cooler...very important with tyres like 208rrs. Pirelli multi strader could be good, they are like diablos but dual compound and have more tread detail for all weathers yet retain the legendary pirelli grip.
    DO NOT BUY MICHELLIN MACADAMS!!

Also if you are going through multiple rears to a front and trying different manufacturers you need to be aware that certain tyre makes front tyres force the water into the path of the back wheel (michellin) and other disperse the water out from the front so the rear has less water to disperse (most all of them do this)
    Also look out for tyre deals such as 2 rears and front (popular with track day tyre vans) and stick to the ones you really want

2. Re: tyre advice please 
    Diamond Member

or as someone mentioned earlier, ask JD, im sure he has some part worns somewhere....... ;-)

3. Re: tyre advice please 
    Quote Originally Posted by onesoldsoul
    [quote author=NiteW4tcher link=1275845079/0#9 date=1275931214]i did try less throttle JD but it didnt feel natural ;D
    make sure your tyres warm up properly first, gunning it from cold will waste any tyre away. also make sure the heat keeps getting distributed properly....ie if you havent taken a left hand bend for a while then you need to conscious that side of the tyre will be cooler...very important with tyres like 208rrs. Pirelli multi strader could be good, they are like diablos but dual compound and have more tread detail for all weathers yet retain the legendary pirelli grip.
    DO NOT BUY MICHELLIN MACADAMS!!

Also if you are going through multiple rears to a front and trying different manufacturers you need to be aware that certain tyre makes front tyres force the water into the path of the back wheel (michellin) and other disperse the water out from the front so the rear has less water to disperse (most all of them do this)
    Also look out for tyre deals such as 2 rears and front (popular with track day tyre vans) and stick to the ones you really want
    [/quote]

Nowt wrong with macadams if you're wanting mileage... :-?
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: tyre advice please 
    Diamond Member
    i once used Mac's on an FZR1000....seemd fine to me....... maybe i wasnt riding it properly... ;-)

5. Re: tyre advice please 
    Original fitment on my old CBR6. Used to get 10k out of a pair! And don't think I didn't abuse them...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: tyre advice please 
    Steve_H...
    A lot depends on what you ride and how you ride it... Although as far as i am concerned you should be buying the best you can afford, tyres are the one part of a bike that really shouldn't be compromised on. My thoughts would be that if you use a bike for commuting and or do a lot of motorway miles, then buy the right type of bike and therefore have more options to safely use harder wearing tyres due to different stresses they are likely to encounter etc.

If your riding a supersport bike then it is quite likely at somepoint you are going to push the tyres hard... Really not worth the consequences of finding out they are not up to the job :