Notices

Thread: Engine rebuilds

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    The problem with sheds is that you have to fill them... with as much as possible! :P
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    Yeah baby I like that idea, I know we could use Project Emlyn ;D ;D ;D
    Seriously I'm up for it, hey I've got green hands at the mo so I'm not precious about getting them even dirtier [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It's Lilac... not pink!

3. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    Diamond Member
    i think Jon W has just (been?) volunteered.... ;-)

4. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    Thats's very nice of Jon W ;D
    It's Lilac... not pink!

5. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    I'm stripping the engine down this week, I've decided that I bought the bike as a Project/hobby and I know I can make the money back selling all the parts on it.

Firstly I'm going to try the quick fix, because it's been recomended by aircraft technicians and a few mechanics, if that doesn't work then it'll be me with a my trusty Haynes manual, a recomended wheelie bin for bits that don't seem to have a home anymore, a swear jar and a great big mallet for when it all goes wrong ;D

Once I've finished, I'll stick it on eBay in France or somewhere and then go into hidding

If I still don't get any joy, I'll hold a voodoo style ritual by setting the bike alight and dancing round the f**king thing [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    Diamond Member
    be really careful with anything that "Bungs up small holes" in the oil system........there are teeeeeeeeny jets from the feed to the crank that are aimed at the bore walls, these lubricate the bores and cool the underside of the piston, and REALLY dont want to be blocked.... if you block these il give your motor about 5 minutes till its a shiney boat anchor.....

bodging it with a sealant isnt really a good idea.....if you strip the motor you can do a few free mods as well at the same time, gaskets and oil will be less that £100 and youll have a good motor at the end of it....AND youll have the satisfaction of fixing it properly yourself...

if its Fecked, what have you got to lose?????.....

7. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    hi mate, I dont know where you live but im in dorset, blandford if you can get the bike to me id be happy to sort it for you, i did a complete bike rebuild on morticias FX CBR (although i need to sort the fuel pump out now it always seems to be somthing with her bike lol). give me a pm if your interested.

cheers

8. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    Diamond Member
    it always seems to be somthing with her bike lol)

errr, that'd be me

9. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    Diamond Member
    and while the cylinder heads off it could take a trip to "Jaydee's engine tuning shed" in Tidworth???...... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: Engine rebuilds 
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    and while the cylinder heads off it could take a trip to "Jaydee's engine tuning shed" in Tidworth???...... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Sounds like a plan [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I've fired the turd up and she's no longer leaking so I can now get her through an MOT and then take her to Steve (Jonneyflame) for a rebuild and it sounds like Jaydee's stealing her to make her run better.

All I need now is a balaclava, a bank and then I can afford all this ;D