Notices

Thread: Bike advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Bike advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by silly_simon
    I must admit after going for a jolly jaunt by meself and just having a bit of fun on some local road's, also using nearly half a tank of fuel I am feeling a bit happier about the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I think in all honesty because the R6 engine (albeit detuned a little )
    Is such a revvy engine, and the fact it has an ally frame I don't think I have enough confidence in the bike
    apart from the CBR I had for a very short time my other bikes have had steel frames and felt "heavier" so I think they felt more planted on the road, probably because they were heavier.

I think I am tensing up to much and the result is a load of ache's and pains :'(

I did have a look at rearset's but crikey they are expensive so I may go for a Gel seat pad instead to just give me the extra little distance between seat and peg's. And gain a little extra comfort at the same time
    Relaxing is the key. You could have an armchair of a bike, but if you're tense, it'll still be uncomfortable. Try gripping the tank with your legs. In turn, this allows you to relax your upper body. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Bike advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=silly_simon link=1278187640/0#6 date=1278275147]I must admit after going for a jolly jaunt by meself and just having a bit of fun on some local road's, also using nearly half a tank of fuel I am feeling a bit happier about the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I think in all honesty because the R6 engine (albeit detuned a little )
    Is such a revvy engine, and the fact it has an ally frame I don't think I have enough confidence in the bike
    apart from the CBR I had for a very short time my other bikes have had steel frames and felt "heavier" so I think they felt more planted on the road, probably because they were heavier.

I think I am tensing up to much and the result is a load of ache's and pains :'(

I did have a look at rearset's but crikey they are expensive so I may go for a Gel seat pad instead to just give me the extra little distance between seat and peg's. And gain a little extra comfort at the same time
    Relaxing is the key. You could have an armchair of a bike, but if you're tense, it'll still be uncomfortable. Try gripping the tank with your legs. In turn, this allows you to relax your upper body. [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

I actually remembered you saying that when I was I went out with you a few weeks ago. My right hand had gone numb on the way to Avebury on Saturday...... I could almost hear you saying it lol ....good advice as always lol [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Bike advice 
    Don't forget simple adjustments to leavers can make all the difference too. Just because it came like it doesn't mean it's right.

4. Re: Bike advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Don't forget simple adjustments to leavers can make all the difference too. Just because it came like it doesn't mean it's right.
    Am with the above.... Adjusting the angle of the bars, position and span of the levers and foot pedals as well suspension tweaks will make a big difference to the feel of the bike.

Is easier to concentrate on the road and ridinf when everthing is in easy reach.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"