Notices

Thread: theory test

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. theory test 
    I'm soon to be taking my theory test, my 17 year old daughter has got to book in for her car theory test, so I've decided to "bite the bullet" and take my bike theory test on the same day.After 35 years of riding 125's on "L" plates, I've decided (after joining this forum) that I would really like a bigger bike so I can go on ride-outs with you guys!! the DAS test holds no fears for me at all because after 35 years of daily commuting on a 125, I know I can ride a bike. The thought of sitting in a classroom doing theory and hazard perception scares the sh.t out of me, even though I've taken the test online many times and passed it every time. Is it as easy in the classroom as it is online?? ....... signed a 50 year old who hates classrooms. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

2. Re: theory test 
    Banned
    yes, its a 1 to 1 with a computer, you will be fine [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: theory test 
    Toph
    As V1per said you'll be fine, seeing there was no such thing as a theory test when I learnt to drive I was a tad concerned about the theory and hazard perception tests but they really weren't as bad as I thought.
    You have your own pc as V1per said, I reckon you'll do the theory in 30 minutes, and the hazard perception in about 15 minutes. just take your time, read questions twice and you can double check them before you finish which is what I chose to do and ended up changing two of my answers. In the hazard perception test you watch 14 individual video clips, and it's not as difficult as I thought it would be.
    If you are a 'good' road user already you shouldn't have a problem [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Just adding, I say it's easier in 'classroom' as quality was much better on their pc's than on the online tests I used, (but I didn't pay for the online ones as I'm tight :-[ ) ;D
    It's Lilac... not pink!

4. Re: theory test 
    Be careful how soon you register hazzards on the awareness test. It's designed for people new to the road and as a seasoned road user you will be seeing hazzards quicker. I know people who've scored badly because their second "click" has been registered as their first because they did it too early.

Good luck

5. Re: theory test 
    Go for it Toph, keep us posted

Good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: theory test 
    You will do GREAT! Try not to be nervous. The only thing you should be worried about is whether you know your stuff or not, and if you do then you are already at the finish line, its just a case of showing the computer

7. Re: theory test 
    I did my theory test for the car this year.Jacde said to read the questions twice,thats the best advice,as sometimes they word the questions badly.I found the computers a bit more sensitive.On the hazard perception side they blanked me a couple of times,I`ts just cos we regard a lot of different things as `hazards`,not just the things they do.Relax,you`ll be fine. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: theory test 
    I passed my theory test a few weeks ago and tbh it is very straight forward. But I would reccomend getting a disk from asda £7 I paid just for the hazard perception because there is a knack to it.

But I am sure with all you're experience you will be fine!

9. Re: theory test 
    Best of luck Toph - I have no doubt you will be just fine [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I, too, would recommend getting the disc to practice with too though - just makes everything seem more familiar on the day

10. Re: theory test 
    Hi Toph, you got a date for your theory yet?
    It's Lilac... not pink!