Notices

Thread: Triumph 955i

1. Triumph 955i 
    Hi thinking of getting one of these. The one I am looking at has got two cracks by the mirrors on the fairing,any one seen this on these models before?. Any thing else I should look for on these bikes?.
    Thanks for your help.
    Si

2. Re: Triumph 955i 
    Diamond Member
    seem to remember something about head gaskets on the early ones......but maybe wrong, might be worth a check...
    dont want to scare you off tho, they seemed good bikes, a mate had one, sounded cool and rode well.....

3. Re: Triumph 955i 
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    seem to remember something about head gaskets on the early ones......but maybe wrong, might be worth a check...
    dont want to scare you off tho, they seemed good bikes, a mate had one, sounded cool and rode well.....
    Thanks for the reply, early ones as in 595 or early 955's?
    Cheers Si

4. Re: Triumph 955i 
    wasn't the 595 a Speed Four? With the engine from the CBR6 wannabe, the TT600?

5. Re: Triumph 955i 
    If I remember correctly the 595 was the first model and then they change the name to 955. I have completed 48K miles in the last three and a bit years on my 955i a fine bike.
    The speed four was just the speed four and not a bad bike itself.

6. Re: Triumph 955i 
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeTriple
    wasn't the 595 a Speed Four? With the engine from the CBR6 wannabe, the TT600?
    Common error that about the badging of a bike
    The Triumph Daytona T595 was introduced in 1997 in an attempt by Triumph to tap into the sports bike market. Despite the T595 name, the bike featured a 955 cc displacement in-line three-cylinder engine designed in part by Lotus. Along with the other triple-cylinder Triumphs, the Daytona helped to establish the newly-managed manufacturer and its distinctive and unique three-cylinder motorcycles.

In 1999 the bike was renamed 955i because the T595 model name gave the impression that the bike's engine displaced 595 cc.

7. Re: Triumph 955i 
    The wife has a SP955i and swears by it aand I know quite a few lads with 'tonas.

The cracks on the fairing are quite common as it's a weak point and if you catch the mirrors it cracks.

If you need info mate try this lot,

www.triumphtorque.com

Loads of info on all models and plenty of technical stuff. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Triumph 955i 
    Thank you^ [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: Triumph 955i 
    I got knocked off mine by a clio (hate those cars) - Ripped the wing mirror off with my chest but no crack to the cockpit fairing - so don't know how yours managed to crack. A hint though - also check for damage around the 2 fixing bolts on the cockpit base at the front.

Getting mine repaired in 11 days time - I love it!!!

As to dates - mine was the last of the T595's registered in 2000 but I think manufactured in 1999.

Def take for a test ride - if it feels underpowered - runs a little rough over 3000 revs or overheats you may have valve clearance problems - a new head from Triumph is £1200

10. Re: Triumph 955i 
    well had mine a while and love it to bits a great bike