Notices

Thread: tyres

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: tyres 
    I had 020s on my old bike, tried 021s, didn't like them. 014 didn't last long enough for me

I'd put Pirelli Diablo Strada on a mate's bike previously and loved them, just put some on my Speed Triple and love them on this bike too. Absolute confidence on damp and wet welsh roads all of last week 8-)

Big deep tread so they last a good while too

2. Re: tyres 
    personally i find bridgestones pants in the wet, especially in the center of the tyre in the harder compound area. pretty good in the dry once they have warmed up. not my top choice.

3. Re: tyres 
    Platinum Member
    I put a pair of Avon Storm 2 Ultra tyres on my CB1000R last week.
    Really pleased with them and really good and deep tread pattern for the wet.
    Got them supplied and fitted by Steve Lynham for £220.
    He also has offer on pairs of Metzelers (180/55 rear) for less than £200.

4. Re: tyres 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    BT021's are awful, weird front wear and squared off rears in 3k. Got some Dunlop 207's on at the moment, and as well as being cheap as chips, they seem fine
    I had 207s on my gsxr and HATED them. They felt really skitish through corners, didn't turn in well and deffinately didn't inspire confidence.

I wonder how much of it is psycological when it come to tyres. At the end of the day if it works for you then that's all that matters.

How come you're using such old rubber? I didn't know they still made D207s

5. Re: tyres 
    Platinum Member
    It's the D207e, i'm sure they're NOS now, but they use the latest Roadsmart compounds apparently, and are a lot better than the older D207. Main reason is i can get a pair fitted for £150, and when you have a 160 mile round trip to work, i need cheap rubber. Personally i find them way better than 021's, i used the 020's for years which were pretty ok, but the 021 wear pattern was unusal and too fast for me, and another £100 fitted.