Notices

Thread: tyres

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. tyres 
    I have a flatty !!! at the moment i have a set of bridgestones on, both could do with changing really, but its the rear with the flat > > ... im thinking with the winter coming along too,of getting something with a little more tread on, and not to expensive !

But being the divvy that i am, i cant seem to convert from what i have which are BT 014 180/55, to another type, any help gratefully recieved [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: tyres 
    Platinum Member
    Sorry to hear about your tyres Kev.....Bummer. >
    If ya in on Friday i've got a "performance Bike" mag with a special tyre feature in it....worth having a look at [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: tyres 
    Diamond Member
    i run ANYTHING on the gsxr, never can tell if theyre "Good" or not....i run mixed pairs, even run sports on the front and touring on the back....no probs at all...
    some feel "nice" and some feel stable, but thats about as far as my analysis goes....

there are some pretty good deals about if you search around a bit....

4. Re: tyres 
    If you like the Bridgestones stick to them!! Use 020's (or is it 021's now??) for extra life.

As JD says, tyres are all as good as each other now. The rest is personal preferance.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: tyres 
    I'm using Maxxis Super Sport Tourer and they seem to be fantastic and are very cheap as well. I paid £100 for the pair.
    I have only done 200 miles on them so far but they do seem to be better than my old Bridgestone tyres [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: tyres 
    being done on monday.. gonna have some dunlops put on,a bit more tread for the winter !! thanks for all your comments guys [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: tyres 
    Platinum Member
    BT021's are awful, weird front wear and squared off rears in 3k. Got some Dunlop 207's on at the moment, and as well as being cheap as chips, they seem fine

8. Re: tyres 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    BT021's are awful, weird front wear and squared off rears in 3k. Got some Dunlop 207's on at the moment, and as well as being cheap as chips, they seem fine
    I used BT021s on my CBR600, got nearly 6k out of the rear so not sure what you were doing with your bike.

I would recommend the BT21s too, they are duel compound and they seemed to work really well for my style of riding and Kev I know you know how I ride so if they were fine for me then you will be fine with them.

I am quite a careful wet weather rider anyway so cant comment really on how they performed in that respect but when I did go out in the wet they didn't bother me.

9. Re: tyres 
    I got a flat rear at Brighton - What a trip home - know all the service stations with air now!!!

Unrepairable so new boots today as front was wearing low too - Stuck to pilots cos it feels so good, positive, grippy tho a bit expensive - Cant' recommend them highly enuff

10. Re: tyres 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1284052091/0#6 date=1284143059]BT021's are awful, weird front wear and squared off rears in 3k. Got some Dunlop 207's on at the moment, and as well as being cheap as chips, they seem fine
    I used BT021s on my CBR600, got nearly 6k out of the rear so not sure what you were doing with your bike.

I would recommend the BT21s too, they are duel compound and they seemed to work really well for my style of riding and Kev I know you know how I ride so if they were fine for me then you will be fine with them.

I am quite a careful wet weather rider anyway so cant comment really on how they performed in that respect but when I did go out in the wet they didn't bother me.
    [/quote]

A lot of motorway, especially in winter. The front wear pattern is well documented on the web, as in the front wears quicker than the rear and unevenly. A quick Google will throw up enough info to put anyone right off them.