Notices

Thread: Bandit 600 Downpipe

1. Bandit 600 Downpipe 
    Hi i was wandering if anyone had any advice on my problem with the sleeve on my downpipe?
    It has completely rusted off the rest of the downpipe is fine just the sleeve that the muffler slots into.
    Any help would be appreiciated
    cheers
    mike

2. Re: Bandit 600 Downpipe 
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTI_HERO_HULL
    Hi i was wandering if anyone had any advice on my problem with the sleeve on my downpipe?
    It has completely rusted off the rest of the downpipe is fine just the sleeve that the muffler slots into.
    cheers
    mike
    Possibly what you want is an 'exhaust reducer', which can fit over you sleeve and then connect onto the silencer. You can measure the sleeve to find the diameter (a vernier caliper is best) and the same on your silencer. Then give a few local exhaust places a call to see if they can help. On ebay there are loads of suppliers doing common sizes and you will even find straight couplings where diameter is constant (stainless is not too dear either) e.g:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exhaust-Pipe-R...#ht_4302wt_997

Double check the sizes before you order!

3. Re: Bandit 600 Downpipe 
    Quote Originally Posted by pilninggas
    [quote author=ANTI_HERO_HULL link=1286396607/0#0 date=1286396607]Hi i was wandering if anyone had any advice on my problem with the sleeve on my downpipe?
    cheers
    mike
    Possibly what you want is an 'exhaust reducer', which can fit over you sleeve and then connect onto the silencer. You can measure the sleeve to find the diameter (a vernier caliper is best) and the same on your silencer. Then give a few local exhaust places a call to see if they can help. On ebay there are loads of suppliers doing common sizes and you will even find straight couplings where diameter is constant (stainless is not too dear either) e.g:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exhaust-Pipe-R...#ht_4302wt_997

Double check the sizes before you order![/quote]
    then pm me and I'll weld it on for you!!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

4. Re: Bandit 600 Downpipe 
    Platinum Member
    Is this the infamous Bandit collector box? SS pipes with a mild steel collector box, what a great idea from Suzuki. If you can get a piece SS pipe at the same diameter as the old mild steel one, grind off the old muck and weld that on. PM me if Toph can't weld SS, as i know someone in Wootton B who can do this for you. Or you can go down the pro repair route http://www.banditmania.co.uk/exhaust...&_cans.htm see half way down the page, but either way you need to get the existing downpipes off and guarenteed the header bolts will be siezed in. Spray them down with wd40 or other anti sieze for a week before you attempt cracking them off.

5. Re: Bandit 600 Downpipe 
    Thanks alot guys will check it out now and get in touch

6. Re: Bandit 600 Downpipe 
    That happened to my Bandit a couple of years ago. Took it to a welder in Salisbury who did a fantastic job and wasn't too expensive either - good option if you just want it fixed well without too much hassle [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Let me know if you want their details.