Notices

Thread: Filtering Traffic

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    I too hit a mirror the other day whilst filtering It just moved a bit so I pushed it back out, the guy said thank you (seemed very surprised I put it back!) and we both went on our way! I had to stop because it was my brake lever that hit the mirror and stopped the bike! ;D I did feel a bit bad about it though But if I hadn't of filtered I'd still be trying to get home now! ;D

I can fully understand annoyance though, especially when it costs £800 for a new wing mirror. I drive tatty old cars and couldn't care less but I know that's not the same for everyone.

2. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    I remember in my yoof being two up on a Yamaha DT175MX doing about 60mph along a twisty dual carriageway in Woking, being suddenly confronted with two stationary queues of traffic. Drum brakes, Chen Shing knobbly tyres, excessive speed, and a mate on the back, no chance...

I did the only thing I could do which was aim for the gap down the middle. I think we took about six or seven doors mirrors off before finally coming to a hault next to a car, and just knocking his door mirror. I straightened it, said sorry, and rode off...

I like to think my riding has improved since then...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able

;D We F**King hope so too

4. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1268868174/45#51 date=1286309785]

;D We F**King hope so too [/quote]

I'm not too proud to admit that I rode like a complete twat when I was young. Why do you think I became a bike instructor? So I could warn new riders of the dangers of riding as I did. I'm lucky to be here now. Having said that, there was no one giving instruction in those days to warn of the pitfalls. I learnt everything the hard way.

Maybe I should start a thread 'The Stupidest Things You've Done On a Bike'. Every time someone comes up with a story, I could trump it... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    lol! Maybe you should write a book!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: Filtering Traffic 

Maybe I should start a thread 'The Stupidest Things You've Done On a Bike'. Every time someone comes up with a story, I could trump it... :
    Great idea for a thread.... but would p yourself with my only ever "off" :-[

7. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=CBRowner link=1268868174/45#52 date=1286465341][quote author=Mark_Able link=1268868174/45#51 date=1286309785]

I'm not too proud to admit that I rode like a complete twat when I was young. Why do you think I became a bike instructor? So I could warn new riders of the dangers of riding as I did. I'm lucky to be here now. Having said that, there was no one giving instruction in those days to warn of the pitfalls. I learnt everything the hard way.

Maybe I should start a thread 'The Stupidest Things You've Done On a Bike'. Every time someone comes up with a story, I could trump it... :[/quote]

So you didn't become an instructor because you saw all those adverts on TV telling you that you could earn a fortune, be your own boss and work hours that suit you?? ;D

8. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fez
    I clipped a wing mirror at the weekend going through a long line of stationary traffic. Apparently my tried and tested method of closing my eyes and taking a sharp breath if it looks too tight for me isnt flawless!
    Oh, I don't know, works for me every time!

9. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    Diamond Member
    I don't filter unless I'm 100% sure my bike will fit through
    I remember being pillion and Steve filtering on the motorway not realising I was a lot higher than him, I had to duck to avoid hitting a van's mirrors...

10. Re: Filtering Traffic 
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1268868174/45#53 date=1286478469][quote author=CBRowner link=1268868174/45#52 date=1286465341][quote author=Mark_Able link=1268868174/45#51 date=1286309785]

Maybe I should start a thread 'The Stupidest Things You've Done On a Bike'. Every time someone comes up with a story, I could trump it... :[/quote]

So you didn't become an instructor because you saw all those adverts on TV telling you that you could earn a fortune, be your own boss and work hours that suit you?? ;D[/quote]

Whatever the reason Im just glad you did.....I wouldnt be on the roads now if it hadnt been for your patience and support Mark and I know theres rather alot of people who agree with that.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]