Notices

Thread: Alarm Trouble

1. Alarm Trouble 
    Morning all. I have a Meta 357T V2-1 alarm fitted.

The power supply fuse went and before I replaced it for some reason I tried the alarm to see if it still worked .
    I was able to turn the ignition on and start the bike, immobiliser not working and no siren going off. Surely if the main 12v feed to the alarm is interrupted, as in some one cutting the feed to it should it not activate the alarm and all the bells start to go off?

Just after some advice before I ring the dealer who fitted it and ask them to have a look at it and charge me a fortune.
    Thanks for any help.

Kev

2. Re: Alarm Trouble 
    Give Mike Nicklas at Chippenham Motorcycles a call. He's a electrical engineer. 01249 464650

3. Re: Alarm Trouble 
    Did the bike start with the fuse out?

It may just be a loose conection to the wiring loom. When I installed my alarm, I had loads of problems with it and the alarm never chirped when I stuck the keys in the ignition and after further investigation, I found the alarm wasn't properly connected to the main wiring loom which allowed me to start the bike without the need for turning the alarm/immobiliser off.

If it's a cat 1 or 2 alarm, you'll need an alarm fitter to sort it otherwise you'll just have a standard one which may affect your insurance premiums.

Start from the box and follow the wires around the bike giving it a wiggle where they meet the bikes wiring to see if it is a loose connection [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Alarm Trouble 
    Platinum Member
    Mine is the same

Take the fuse out after disarming it and the electrics and starter all work as normal ... wierd huh :-?

5. Re: Alarm Trouble 
    Sounds like a feature of the alarm. If you have the instructions they should tell you how to re-arm the system and get it working.

If not you need to go to a creditied alarm fitter if your insurance is dependent on it.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Alarm Trouble 
    Platinum Member
    I have the instructions should you need a copy of em [smiley=thumbsup.gif]