Notices

Thread: GPz Love affair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. GPz Love affair 
    Well I love this bike and its already hurt me! The centre stand snapped and has removed my skin on my shin....

The only problem with the bike is a leaky carb.... It runs fine but quite a lot of fuel is running out the carbs and I was wondering if anyone has experience in replacing the seals, and which seals i need. Its an 84.

2. Re: GPz Love affair 
    Platinum Member
    Have checked that no fuel is coming through the vacuum line from the fuel tap?
    Have you cleaned the carbs and checked the float heights are correct?

3. Re: GPz Love affair 
    No I am going to remove them tonight. Seems to be a bit of a pain! Was hoping there was a fix without removing them as it is running so well!

4. Re: GPz Love affair 
    Diamond Member
    will have to take the air box mounts off and pull the box back as far as it will go...to give you room.
    getting the carbs back in might be tricky, mind you dont damage the old rubbers....
    the outer two rubbers between carb and air box can be a bit tricky to get on, the inner ones can be done by taking the air filter out and putting your hand in.......

check the float needles for dirt, put some new filters in now you have clean carbs, else nasty dirt/rust from your tank will find its way back in and youll have to do the job again.......

5. Re: GPz Love affair 
    got the carbs off, cleaned them then spent an hour in the dark trying to put them back in..... GRR need a trained Gibbon.

Try again tonight.

6. Re: GPz Love affair 
    Glad to hear your bike is keeping you entertained! ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: GPz Love affair 
    entertained yes, frustrated yes! Loving every second though.

Should I replace the air box with 4 individual pod filters?
    Anyone does this?

8. Re: GPz Love affair 
    one more thing... (isnt there always!)

SHould i remove the engine, and respray the frame etc? Is this a professional job or can a rookie like me remove it without messing it up completely... Just thinking whilst its off the road its a good time to strip and repaint to avoid rust etc.

9. Re: GPz Love affair 
    Platinum Member
    As it's only off the road for a minor thing, i would get it sorted and get back out and ridding it. Unless you plan not to use it at all through the winter then maybe worth doing

10. Re: GPz Love affair 
    Platinum Member
    Looking for trouble replacing the airbox for pods, why not set a baseline and get it working as is for now?