Notices

Thread: Sticky Gears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Sticky Gears 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but sounds to me like you're blaming Steve??? Cause if you are, you and me need to have a word mate.
    I'm not blaming anyone, especially not Steve.

I looked on the CBR forum for a similar problem and the return spring seems to be the most common fault for the gear not returning to its original position.

I have sent Steve a text explaining that I meant no harm by this post and that I was only after some advise as to what was the fault and what was the best remidy for it :-[

2. Re: Sticky Gears 
    Emlyn, I'm not bothered, but you could have just called and i could have explained, however i did go through this with you when you were down with the bike

3. Re: Sticky Gears 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    [quote author=Morticia link=1287165695/0#9 date=1287643341]Correct me if I'm wrong, but sounds to me like you're blaming Steve??? Cause if you are, you and me need to have a word mate.
    I'm not blaming anyone, especially not Steve.

I looked on the CBR forum for a similar problem and the return spring seems to be the most common fault for the gear not returning to its original position.

I have sent Steve a text explaining that I meant no harm by this post and that I was only after some advise as to what was the fault and what was the best remidy for it :-[[/quote]

Ok, just checking.

4. Re: Sticky Gears 
    Diamond Member
    spring can break at any time, or become stuck etc, ive chased "coincidental" faults before and they make you tear your hair out sometimes!!!!.
    take the clutch cover off and youll be able to see the prob if it is here, seems a shame to get rid of the bike before youve investigated a (possibly) easily remidied fault :-(

we can fix anything :-)

5. Re: Sticky Gears 
    As JD says, these things happen. Often disturbing a component to get to another can cause a failure in the first component. No one is at fault there.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Sticky Gears 
    Thanks for all the advice [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I'm going to remove and replace the problem as soon as I can find the time and funds.

I'm still trying to persuade my Girlfriends Grandad to let me have one of his many bikes so that I can get back on 2 wheels again before I forget how to ride. Failing that, the tax man should have finished robbing me of my savings and I should have them back in my UK bank account by December/January just in time to buy a bike ready for the new season