Notices

Thread: When is wintery weather TOO wintery?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Must be cold out there - Ghost has stolen the car for his daily commute!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Well I've used the bike every day this week - no probs. Just be much more gentle - leave loads more space etc.

I have had a few car twats driving too close but a signal for them to keep their distance usually works.

The roads have been pretty clear - just difficult getting in and out of my own road.

Even had 2 bikes at the Old Nick bike night on Tuesday!!

3. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    I've successfully managed so far this week - my overriding thought is that it's SO COLD!! But slow and steady with biiiiiiiiiig gaps is working for now, with feet down at either end to get out of my road and into the office where the roads are less clear

I've noticed the car drivers following too close too! What's the best way to signal them to stay back, I'm never sure how to do it without pissing any of them off...?
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

4. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    From my riding position on a sports bike I find it easy just to swing an open hand/arm back a couple of times usually works. Turning round and glaring at them when stopped at traffic lights usually has the desired effect too

5. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Ahh, I can manage both of those too - I've given a few drivers the glare already!

6. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Quote Originally Posted by lunalupi
    Ahh, I can manage both of those too - I've given a few drivers the glare already!
    Oh, the powerful effects of the Withering Stare.....It certainly works [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    You could always dismount at the lights and tell the car driver that if they'd like to get any closer they may as well get on the ****ing pillion seat... >
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=lunalupi link=1290858523/15#24 date=1291324331]Ahh, I can manage both of those too - I've given a few drivers the glare already!
    Oh, the powerful effects of the Withering Stare.....It certainly works [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    You could always dismount at the lights and tell the car driver that if they'd like to get any closer they may as well get on the ****ing pillion seat... >[/quote]
    ;D ;D ;D love it!

8. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    [quote author=lunalupi link=1290858523/15#24 date=1291324331]Ahh, I can manage both of those too - I've given a few drivers the glare already!
    You could always dismount at the lights and tell the car driver that if they'd like to get any closer they may as well get on the ****ing pillion seat... >[/quote]

I've seen Scotty have words with a car driver [smiley=engel017.gif]
    It's Lilac... not pink!

9. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 

Ah the joys of an open face helmet.... you ca do that without stopping!!! Works every time!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 

;D ;D ;D I'm remembering that one!