Notices

Thread: When is wintery weather TOO wintery?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    OOps. Muppet + PC...
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Squashed Fly

Thunderstorms or more to the point Lightning- In a car you are in a Faraday Cage so a lightning strike would go around you following the metal cage of the car to earth.

On a bike soaking wet you are electrically part of earth with a pointy bit, your head at the top nah not for me never have never will

3. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Well I went for it today - the main roads are clear and still gritted and we've not had any more snow or rain, so I thought I'd have a go. I made it safely into work a little later than usual but otherwise without problems so I've now added it to my list of riding experiences - along with the rain, wind, gravel, sand, loose pebbles, sleet, dust roads, roads hacked out of the mountain side and made of more rocks than flat bits...oh, and the odd perfect sunny day on flat tarmac!

Just took it slow and steady, although looking at the weather forecast I may not be doing it for much longer with more snow predicted.

Unhelpfully my dad just tells me about how he used to be out on his scooter in 3" of snow when he was younger :-?
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

4. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Quote Originally Posted by lunalupi
    Unhelpfully my dad just tells me about how he used to be out on his scooter in 3" of snow when he was younger :-?
    Probably a lot less cars and far less commuters charging about in his day!

(That's a joke Dad, I'm probably older than you! ;D)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Obviously I ride ALL year round. I've ridden in snow, ice, hail, fog, floods, and heat that melted the road. You name it, I've ridden in it. My advice, take the car. It's bloody horrible out there at the moment...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Obviously I ride ALL year round. I've ridden in snow, ice, hail, fog, floods, and heat that melted the road. You name it, I've ridden in it. My advice, take the car. It's bloody horrible out there at the moment...
    You're just OLD!! ;D ;D

7. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Quote Originally Posted by freddieb
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1290858523/0#14 date=1291063841]Obviously I ride ALL year round. I've ridden in snow, ice, hail, fog, floods, and heat that melted the road. You name it, I've ridden in it. My advice, take the car. It's bloody horrible out there at the moment...
    You're just OLD!! ;D ;D[/quote]

I know mate. But then again, I'm not the one with the BIG fairing and heated grips... :P :P :P :-*
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=freddieb link=1290858523/15#15 date=1291067614][quote author=Mark_Able link=1290858523/0#14 date=1291063841]Obviously I ride ALL year round. I've ridden in snow, ice, hail, fog, floods, and heat that melted the road. You name it, I've ridden in it. My advice, take the car. It's bloody horrible out there at the moment...
    You're just OLD!! ;D ;D[/quote]

I know mate. But then again, I'm not the one with the BIG fairing and heated grips... :P :P :P :-*[/quote]
    Well, get a proper bike then!! ;D

9. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Diamond Member
    Nothing wrong with a fairing and heated grips.... mind you with my winter gloves I cant even feel the grips they are so big...

10. Re: When is wintery weather TOO wintery? 
    Have resorted to heated grips and a screen on the GS... slows the rate of freezing a little bit....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"