Notices

Thread: Riding with a Pillion

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    Platinum Member
    Everything happens slower with a pillion, except falling over when stationary.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

2. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonkid
    My Mrs shakes my love handles to go faster and squeezes her thighs to slow me down...

That's when she's not nodding off that is... :
    I'm going to the gym to lose my love handles so hopefully that won't be an option!

3. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    My 11 year old users love handles when he pillions and occasionally he falls asleep so we have worked out a tapping system where i can find out if he is ok, and he will be able to let me know if he cant keep his eyes open and we need to pull into a layby for him to jump off and stretch his legs

4. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    Lower back end, higher front end - ADJUST YOUR HEADLIGHT...

5. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    i bought some love handles but the mrs just couldnt get on with them.

im hunting down a grab rail for the gix this year.

6. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=silly_simon link=1293731629/35#35 date=1295285930]I also find that an intercom helps rather than misunderstood signals
    But then you've got to listen to her. It's bad enough in the car... > ;D[/quote]

Far to true!! ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1293731629/36#36 date=1295297502][quote author=silly_simon link=1293731629/35#35 date=1295285930]I also find that an intercom helps rather than misunderstood signals
    But then you've got to listen to her. It's bad enough in the car... > ;D[/quote]

Far to true!! ;D[/quote]

I must be the only one who enjoys talking to their wife then :-/ :-/

Seriously I find it helps a great deal having a natter about all sorts of things, besides isn't that what intercoms and bike to bike comms were made for

8. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    Quote Originally Posted by silly_simon
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1293731629/45#45 date=1295601363][quote author=Mark_Able link=1293731629/36#36 date=1295297502][quote author=silly_simon link=1293731629/35#35 date=1295285930]I also find that an intercom helps rather than misunderstood signals

Far to true!! ;D[/quote]

I must be the only one who enjoys talking to their wife then :-/ :-/

Seriously I find it helps a great deal having a natter about all sorts of things, besides isn't that what intercoms and bike to bike comms were made for [/quote]

To be honest....as i still do go pillion ....I loved the fact of not having an intercom......it meant i didnt need to listen about the twit in front or the moans and groans about fellow road users hehe....just listening to my MP3 made a ride so pleasant and enjoyable hehe......and yes it meant he didnt need to listen to me groaning on about all the stuff us women have to do day in day out hehehe......every ride was a great ride hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

9. Re: Riding with a Pillion 
    Diamond Member
    do what i do, if someone asks for a lift somewhere, to make the bike handle the same, accelerate the same, and brake the same, i..................................

give them some bus fare..... ;-)

sorted :-)