Notices

Thread: Power Commander

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Power Commander 
    Call James at JHS racing 0117 9868844. He fitted mine and did a custom map for it. Think it was about £380 including dyno time. The thing I noticed was the torque. My zx, a Fireblade and a tuono all rolled on in top gear at 50mph and I blew them away.

Haven't tried doing my own maps yet but sounds like fun.

2. Re: Power Commander 
    Monste Man.... If you get any major info on these then i'd love to share the wealth of knowledge.

Im currently looking at having one of these fitted too atm... and at that stage of gathering info to decide whether it justifys the expense etc.

I got a few contacts in the world of bikeshops, parts and racing... so might askif theres any1 will to do us a deal on two or something once we're both sure we want one.

keep me posted dude,

Tom

3. Re: Power Commander 
    Diamond Member
    Found a Power Commander ship from the US including shipping £198.00
    I think I shall make the purchase just check with a UK supplier that its the same type
    Power Commander V 17-016 Euro

www.morepoweracing.com

4. Re: Power Commander 
    Quick question MM...

Why do you think you need a PC?

Also...I believe...that should you buy a PC from the US, it won't be covered by any warranty by DynoJet UK should anything go tits on it.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: Power Commander 
    Diamond Member
    if you dont buy the PC from the dyno operator, they may not give such a good rate for setting a custom map on the rolling road....
    you may end up spending as much on a US PC and dyno time and not have the warranty....

if youre going to have a map made on the rolling road, id do some induction mods first, then the custom map can be made to suit all of your mods...

as mentioned earlier, why not drop a tooth on the front sprocket...biggest performance gain youll get for approx £15.... :-)

6. Re: Power Commander 
    Forget the PC and get an all singing all dancing Bazzazz instead. It's got more fueling options than PC, its also got quickshifter and traction control built in.

Bat Fastard has one on his GSXR1000 L0

7. Re: Power Commander 
    another draw-back on buying from the US is it will almost certainly attract import VAT, so factor an extra 20% on the sterling value of it if you want the Post Office to release it to you!

dropping a tooth on the sprocket is a great mod on that bike, but it won't do anything for the fuel/air ratio - you'll still be farting up a storm with a breathy engine (don't know why I'm thinking of that old cadbury's caramel advert now!)

8. Re: Power Commander 
    Hey sr, interesting bazzazz comment - hadn't heard of them before so thanks for the heads up for future reference. From a quick look though they seem to be 3x the price of a PC and not for a z750 (or z1k)?

9. Re: Power Commander 
    Diamond Member
    Correct on the VAT - anything over £18 in value will now get it added plus you will have to make a trip to the post office to collect. I used to get away with it up to £100 but not anymore.

10. Re: Power Commander 
    Was just a suggestion mate wasn't sure what range of bikes they were for