Notices

Thread: Power Commander

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Power Commander 
    I can only say putting a free-er can (blue flame in my case) on my old z killed the engine completely until I had the pc installed. It wasn't just 'a' flat spot, it was right through the rev range. I couldn't believe the difference the can made either, but as soon as the pc was on, even with a standard map, it was significantly better than stock.

MM - waiting for ebay might be better idea anyway given the day's revelations! >

2. Re: Power Commander 
    fitted one to my bike and it was like riding a new machine no flat spots and pulled like a train

3. Re: Power Commander 
    Ok, i dunno about MM's setup.. but this is why i was looking at a pc personally..

I have already dropped one tooth at front, made a good difference and i wud recommend that to others...

I'm up two teeth on the back aswell.... Bike now rides Exactly how i want it to, the gearing suits my style of riding...and although acceleration is up, top end hasn't really been effected like all the horror stories you hear from people who don't know what they talking about.

I also have a full race system.. exhaust setup, which i wasn't sporting on sunday, but will have re-fitted it by the next time im out with you all.

I have also had a lil piston work done to the internals..

and Run a K&N air filter and some Velocity Stacks too..

Bike dosn't appear to be running lean, which is always the worse case, and dosn't appear to run that rich, maybe just a lil.... the flat spots arn't massively noticable tbh and it pulls quite hard.

But a friend of mine who knows alot about getting the most out of Gixxers, recommends a PC, to get the optimum setup out of my bike..

next on the list Bigger/better brake setup and try and loose a lil more weight.

oooh also, theres a company in corsham area that sets up bike suspension if i remember rightly....

heard a few people who went their where saying their bikes rode Amazingly better after being set up especially for them and there body weight/build/ride style by this guy.

anyone know of the company and if he's still in buisness??

Before anyone points out the obvious... the Gixxer 750's arn't faster then my current setup and tweaked 750's arn't enough faster to warrant an upgrade....

and i don't want to move up to a thou, as i like the flickability of the 600cc and also, like seeing/feeling the positive feedback from setting the bike up well....

the thou's are amazing quick, and loads of torque etc.... but the 600 lets me get away with alot more....and is more forgiving when you push its limits.

Plus i love my ride style of high rev's and working the gearbox etc.

maybe once i been on jaydee's bike tho, i'll change my tune all together.

Tom

4. Re: Power Commander 
    Never a short post with you eh Tom

Seems like you need a PC for sure. All those mods won't be reaching their potential peak setup on the standard mapping. I'm surprised you haven't had it done already tbh

Get yourself a PC and booked in for mapping.

Oh...and the suspension place in Corsham....it isn't in Corsham anymore>>>
    MH Racing
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: Power Commander 
    Hahaha...

Well i got a fair bit to say fella...

mainly due to experience and the fact that i don't talk sh*t, i just say it and do it bud

Know what they say.... Talk like a women, Ride like a bloke!

Besides... gives the fair weathers riders sumit to get their teeth into when its raining Again!!
    (something England is known for! lol )

and it amuses the forum vultures usually.... But i can generally back it all up on the road or the track mate!

I knew you would know who that suspension company was mate.... i shudda just pm'd you in the 1st place!

Ooh i hope they didnt move far, Corsham would of been nice and easy to get to

Thomas 8-) (aka 'Essay')

6. Re: Power Commander 
    I don't even know what you were going on about there but if you follow the link it'll take you to the thread about MH Racing.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

7. Re: Power Commander 
    Haha..

dude, if its that easy to lose you in convo, i hope ya 'track' abilities are better!

I tired the Link mate... but apparently i don't have access to that section of WB or something.

But i googled MH Racing and looks like they are near chippenham area.

I'm give them a call tommorrow and get myself booked in.

cheers,