Notices

Thread: Alarm / immobilizers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Alarm / immobilizers 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njl
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1304428180/6#6 date=1304435818]Failing either of these, get something ****, like a Harley. No-one will nick it, and if they try, they'll break their back trying to load it in a van.
    I tried that approach with my old bandit 400 that was somewhat tatty, someone eventually thought it was worth joyriding though :-(
    [/quote]

Should have got the 1200, way heavier, and no-one nicked mine

2. Re: Alarm / immobilizers 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njl
    There is a Meta 357v2 in my garage complete with unused loom. Swapped it off my bike as it only has one fob and no override code with it so can't add another. Welcome to it if you want it. Touch wood it's never misbehaved or played up, mine now has one identical fitted. Loose the fob or it breaks however might have to be wired back out before you are going again.
    Well if i wasn't really prone to losing anything smaller than the bike itself then i would take you up on that offer but... well... i am... ... ...

Geo

3. Re: Alarm / immobilizers 
    Platinum Member
    I am not a fan of alarms at some point if you don't keep your battery charged it will all end in tears.

If it is grade two listed you can put a ground anchor outside as long as it is not fixed to the building, the bucket of cement is a good idea. I can get you a 50 gallon plastic drum to you can cut down and fill with cement if you wish.

Good luck

4. Re: Alarm / immobilizers 
    Diamond Member
    I have a Datatool on my bike and never had an issue