I went down to Devon for Easter weekend and during that trip at our camp site I parked the facing up hill in gear on the side stand. Each morning when I ran the bike the oil light would illuminate for a moment after I set off (Each time I stopped and let it go off) so I put it down to the angle of the bike when it was parked. I did obviously check the oil as per normal just to make sure (still plenty off it)

I have since been back for a week and thre times out five now I have been out on the bike the oil warning light illuminates for a short time when I set off, then goes out and I dont see it again. This is with it been parked level now, on the side stand. I have checked the oil again today before and after a ride out and plenty of oil in the system still (its a dip stick on the R6 an its 3 quarters up the stick toward the top of the hashed area)

I am stumpted. I have oil which is still golden in colour, the light goes out each time after a moment, there are no dodgy knocking/scraping noises, performance is not impacted.

Thoughts?

Edit: Its going in for the mirrors to be replaced under warranty in the next week so if all else fails I will speak to the mechanics at Yamaha about it.