Notices

Thread: Baffle removal

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Baffle removal 

yes I tend not to drink for that very reason! ;D ;D crazy enough sober!

Right, so we need to have a baffle removal get together for DD and I!

Roxy xx

2. Re: Baffle removal 
    Yep I'd be up for a double debagging of the baffles. Let's get it done.

3. Re: Baffle removal 
    Platinum Member
    Bring em round one Weekend chaps and I'll see if i can [s]Break[/s] remove them for ya

4. Re: Baffle removal 
    Well the baffle removal saga rumbles on!! This afternoon, I managed to remove the baffle, with the well known and trusted mechanical maneouvre, namely a broom handle up the rear and prod it out. Fantastic I thought, at last I've got the stubborn SOB out. I then started up the bike and it was sweet as bro, a lovely deep bassey rumble. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Then went for a quick blat to see what she sounded like at revs. Got to the national limit just outside Wilton, opened her up and a lovely deep rumble as she hit 7-8 thou revs. All going well until I was cruising at about 3.5 thou revs, when I decided to open her up again and quickly turned the throttle and........nothing, nada, zip, nilch, niet, non...the bike just didn't respond and seem to lose compression. It was fine if you turned the throttle slowly, but open it full on and she didn't respond. Clearly the ECU couldn't handle the fuelling so a quick turn round to put the baffle back in.

Got home, went to put the baffle back in and it was just as stubborn going back in as it was coming out, but after some improvisation with the handle of a screwdriver and a hammer, it was replaced. Went for another spin and all fine.

So sadly it appears that the baffle will have to stay in, unless I want to pay for the ECU to be remapped, which is a real shame as she sounded sweet. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

5. Re: Baffle removal 
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDog
    Well the baffle removal saga rumbles on!! This afternoon, I managed to remove the baffle, with the well known and trusted mechanical maneouvre, namely a broom handle up the rear and prod it out. Fantastic I thought, at last I've got the stubborn SOB out. I then started up the bike and it was sweet as bro, a lovely deep bassey rumble. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Then went for a quick blat to see what she sounded like at revs. Got to the national limit just outside Wilton, opened her up and a lovely deep rumble as she hit 7-8 thou revs. All going well until I was cruising at about 3.5 thou revs, when I decided to open her up again and quickly turned the throttle and........nothing, nada, zip, nilch, niet, non...the bike just didn't respond and seem to lose compression. It was fine if you turned the throttle slowly, but open it full on and she didn't respond. Clearly the ECU couldn't handle the fuelling so a quick turn round to put the baffle back in.

Got home, went to put the baffle back in and it was just as stubborn going back in as it was coming out, but after some improvisation with the handle of a screwdriver and a hammer, it was replaced. Went for another spin and all fine.

So sadly it appears that the baffle will have to stay in, unless I want to pay for the ECU to be remapped, which is a real shame as she sounded sweet. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    Not sure what bike you have, but a Power commander would sort that problem out easy enough if they support your bike!

6. Re: Baffle removal 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    [quote author=DaytonaDog link=1302124852/33#33 date=1305395374]Well the baffle removal saga rumbles on!! This afternoon, I managed to remove the baffle, with the well known and trusted mechanical maneouvre, namely a broom handle up the rear and prod it out. Fantastic I thought, at last I've got the stubborn SOB out. I then started up the bike and it was sweet as bro, a lovely deep bassey rumble. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not sure what bike you have, but a Power commander would sort that problem out easy enough if they support your bike![/quote]
    Dave I've got a Triumph Daytona 955i and having just checked the tinterweb a PC is 319 nuggets of finest sterling. I'll keep the baffle in for the time being. Thanks for the suggestion though.

7. Re: Baffle removal 
    Platinum Member
    Or £50 for the map you need from a Triumph dealer.

8. Re: Baffle removal 
    You don't need a PC 3 on a Triumph (epic waste of money) as the ECU is mappable.

If you wanna call round with the bike to me in Swindon I can load a different engine map onto it and see how it goes - there's a whole library of them online to pick from, I tried out 3 or 4 different ones on my 955 Speed Triple.

9. Re: Baffle removal 
    Diamond Member
    Chris, Some ladies like to stay natural no enhancements...!!!

10. Re: Baffle removal 

The Ars6 is going in for a service and mot at JHS soon, I may speak nicely to James and ask if he can take the baffle out of mine and see how I get on....probably to put it back in by the time I get to the end of the bypass!! ;D ;D

Roxy x