Notices

Thread: Fork setup

1. Fork setup 
    Platinum Member
    Anyone on here local to me any good with front suspension setup.

I have tried but but am unsure if I am following the handbook correctly :-[ Usually I wouldn't bother but I could do with firming the front up a little as it seems to dive a bit under braking

If someone can help me with this I would appreciate it as I think its the front end that is giving the lack of confidence I have been experiencing

2. Re: Fork setup 
    Hey mate pm me n pop it round we see what we can do for u !

3. Re: Fork setup 
    Platinum Member
    PM sent buddy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Fork setup 
    Diamond Member
    what condition is the tyre in??? if its worn or at the incorrect pressure that will make a lot more of a difference than the adjustment of the forks....

is it a touring compound? change to a sports touring, or a sports compound will make a hell of a difference.

5. Re: Fork setup 
    Platinum Member
    Tyre is only a few months old JD Pirelli Angel ST on front and rear, I think the fork oil is probably shot but Whiz is gonna have a quick look later and I will go from there

6. Re: Fork setup 
    Platinum Member
    Fazer thou is notorious for a squishy front end, new springs thicker oil perhaps?

7. Re: Fork setup 
    Platinum Member
    Yup I do know about the misgivings of the fazer's suspenders but to be honest what I use it for it is more than capable Its just a little unnerving when the front dives and as a result it upsets the whole balance of the bike(to me anyway)

I usually run the back end stiffer anyway( coz i'm fat) and regularly carry a pillion, So in hindsight it maybe the rear gone and not the front, If this turns out to be the case then a fellow foccer will sort me out a replacement R6 shock (modification) which has,as I understand it a stiffer spring and better damping

8. Re: Fork setup 
    I'd get a stiffer set of springs, sounds like the suspension stiffness is not balanced.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"