Notices

Thread: front end confidence

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: front end confidence 
    Platinum Member
    Do you know if somebody else with an identical bike you could swap front wheels with for 20 minutes??

2. Re: front end confidence 
    good advise using glass to check your discs there by 470four, although use a mirror as these are perfectly flat, windows arnt always, trust me im a window fitter. when the wheel was straightened were the discs mounted correctly? clean contact areas before reinstalling them after the mirror flatness test. the fact the wheel turns freely without the calipers would suggest it is your disc or discs mate. how badly was the wheel hit, maybe the hub is out of line now.

3. Re: front end confidence 
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    22 quid?? will a
    have to search about well it was there for about 2 months then i realised my front wheel was buckled.....assumed that was the problem got it back

but it just doesnt feel planted at all. i may replace pads/discs and see where that takes me......but dnt have the cash atm
    Ask Jaydee if he has anything your size in the dunlop i have is fantastic .£30 fitted cant go wrong .supa sticky to .

4. Re: front end confidence 
    Sounds mostly like warped disks to me ,and the on off on off drag you feel would upset the suspention to a degree and give you an odd feeling at the bars , personly is bin the front wheel and disks and buy a differnt one from ebay , and run that , not sure id want to risk a repaired cast wheel , not like rim and spokes .hope you get it fixed . >

5. Re: front end confidence 
    unfortunatlety im not in a situation to just bin the wheel and buy a new one

and as for not trusting a straightened wheel....i dont belive a company as large as motoliner who deals with racers would do something that isnt safe. i will ask JD about a tyre though and ill check the discs for warping

6. Re: front end confidence 
    if it spins freely without the calipers, how's it the tire?

7. Re: front end confidence 
    this is true.......im going down the brake disc route i think...

8. Re: front end confidence 
    It's blindingly obvious that if it binds intermittently with the brake calipers and pads fitted, you have a bent brake disc - did it get a whack when the wheel got bent? Normally with a warped disc you'll feel the lever pulsing when you pull on it. This sounds more than slightly warped though if it binds that much.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: front end confidence 
    when i brake especially at low speeds ie coming up to junctions...the bike becomes very unsettled and rather than coming to a nice controlled stop the bars go all wobbly and i have to put both feet down sharpish

10. Re: front end confidence 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    when i brake especially at low speeds ie coming up to junctions...the bike becomes very unsettled and rather than coming to a nice controlled stop the bars go all wobbly and i have to put both feet down sharpish
    Errrm

You need to do something about this sharpish... wobbly bars may also indicate slack head bearings / wheel bearings??